Have You Ever Heard of Ultrasonic Cleaning?
SERVPRO of East Cobb utilizes the ultrasonic cleaning systems to clean and restore home and business owners textiles and electronic devices.
Ultrasonic cleaning is a staple for SERVPRO of East Cobb when it comes to cleaning and restoring contents like textiles and electronics. While the majority of our Marietta and Kennesaw customer’s contents cleaning is performed by our Contents Restoration Professionals using traditional methods, there are some items that need a more specialized approach. That is where our ultrasonic cleaning comes in. These machines vary in size, based on what industry they are used in. Some are small enough to sit on a desk, commonly used in the jewelry industry, while some can take up an entire room and can be used to clean transmissions or even airplane parts! Regardless of the size of the machine, the way it works is the same. These systems are made up of a heated basin filled with ultrasonic cleaning solution. An ultrasonic transducer agitates the cleaning solution producing frequencies from 20-40 kHz. Items to be cleaned are placed in the cleaning solution. The transducer bombards the items with ultrasonic waves which form small bubbles on the surface of the item. Each bubble works as a tiny explosion removing the material adhering to the item that is being cleaned.
The effectiveness of an ultrasonic machine is unmatched. It thoroughly cleans almost any item placed in it. Below are some common items that can be cleaned using these machines:
- Fire, Mold, and Water Damaged Items-area rugs, oriental rugs, collectibles, toys and stuffed animals are just some of the items that can be cleaned using ultrasonic machines.
- Electronics-As counter intuitive as it may sound to submerge electronics into a cleaning solution, ultrasonic machines do a fantastic job on items such as TVs, telephones, computers and appliances. Almost every electronic device can be cleaned using this method.
- Medical Equipment-Wheelchairs, tools, bed frames, nursing equipment and other medical devices. Because of the complex nature of these items, ultrasonic cleaning is a great choice for medical equipment.
- Parts cleaning-Automotive, marine, airplane and many other mechanical parts.
- Restaurant equipment-air vents, stove filters and other kitchen equipment can be cleaned with this method.
- Jewelry-Rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings are all cleaned using ultrasonic machines.
SERVPRO of East Cobb is your trusted leader in the restoration industry. We are always investing in the most innovative equipment like Morantz Ultrasonic Cleaning Systems to restore your property or belongings to a “like new” condition. Not only are we IICRC certified, but certified in SERVPRO’s proprietary cleaning and restoration techniques. Our team of technicians and content professionals have extensive knowledge and training to ensure we are the best at what we do. We are locally owned and operated, but have the backing of a nationwide franchise system of over 1,700 franchises nationwide. We live and work in the Cobb County area, and understand the unique challenges damage to your home can bring. We are Here to Help. SERVPRO of East Cobb will work with you as the home or business owner to navigate through the confusing process disasters can bring.
Make SERVPRO of East Cobb your trusted restoration and cleaning provider.
Give us a call today at (770) 424-0400 or click here to have one of our customer services professionals contact you.
Cobb County's Most Trusted and Reliable Commercial Restoration Company
SERVPRO of East Cobb is open 24/7 and is always ready to help you mitigate and restore your commercial property after a water, fire, or mold disaster.
When it comes to commercial restoration and large loss recovery, very few companies have the consistent and reliable track record that SERVPRO of East Cobb has earned over the years. We have serviced and completed numerous restoration projects like commercial fire-loss claims, large loss water damage events, along with several commercial mold remediation projects. We are both staffed and equipped to handle any size commercial loss or disaster event. SERVPRO of East Cobb has the backing of over 1,700 SERVPRO franchises nationwide, and benefits from the logistical support of the nation's leading name in the restoration industry...SERVPRO.
SERVPRO of East Cobb recognizes that commercial facilities and businesses have come to rely on companies like us after they’ve experienced water, fire, or mold damage. SERVPRO of East Cobb will not only mitigate and restore your facility to preloss condition, but we will also help you establish order during a very trying and stressful time. Every moment your facility is down or out of operation affects your company's bottom line and the professionals at SERVPRO of East Cobb can help you get back up and running at full capacity quickly and safely.
24 Hour Commercial Water Extraction & Fire Mitigation Services
Disasters like pipe leaks and sewer backups can strike at any moment, and definitely can’t be put on hold until normal business hours. That’s why SERVPRO of East Cobb offers emergency restoration services like emergency water extraction, emergency storm damage boardup & tarping services, emergency fire mitigation, and even bioremediation. We are always open and ready for your call, even during major holidays. If your business has suffered a water, fire, or other type of disaster call SERVPRO of East Cobb at (770) 424-0400or click here to have one of our restoration professionals contact you directly.
SERVPRO of East Cobb Your One-Stop-Shop Restoration Company
Several years ago, with the addition of SERVPRO of East Cobb’s construction department, we became Cobb County’s one-stop-shop restoration company. Let our highly trained restoration specialist help and guide you through the restoration and rebuild process. They will explain each step along the way, allowing you to make the best educated decisions for the restoration of your property. Our team of restoration professionals will assess your facility and create a tailored plan of action, a comprehensive scope of the loss, and provide estimates for the services deemed necessary to return your property to preloss condition.
Highly Trained Commercial Restoration Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technicians
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Odor Control Technicians
- Upholstery Fabric Cleaning Technicians
- Storm Disaster Recovery Team
Customer Reviews and Testimonials
James U. of Marietta, GA - “Carl and his team were fantastic. They were prompt, courteous and explained everything fully. I will definitely be using them in the future.”
Tami C. of Atlanta, GA - “Mandy, in the office, service team, Keith, and Luke have been polite and responsive. I could not have asked for better service. The two men went to work and have been unfailing king in answering questions and relieving my stress.”
Don S. of Marietta, GA - “Their tag line should read: “SERVPRO don’t play!” because these guys are awesome. Car Sylvester is the man. He showed up everyday, made sure we understood the process, stayed late, and basically treated us like family. I hope I never see SERVPRO again because it’ll mean another mess happened...but if I do ever need water remediation services, Carl and SERVPRO are going to be my first call.”
The Health Factory of Kennesaw, GA - "Carl was very helpful and guided us along along this unfortunate situation. I felt like he went over the top to make sure we were satisfied and kept us in the loop. Highly recommended!"
More Customer Online Reviews and Endorsements
SERVPRO of East Cobb’s team of commercial restoration specialists have serviced hundreds of Cobb County businesses over the past 17 years, and are specifically trained to handle commercial large losses. From large logistics centers and storage facilities to locally owned barber shops and beauty salons, SERVPRO of East Cobb has assisted a wide range of customers and got them back up and running quickly and safely. Our restoration technicians hold certifications from the IICRC and undergo rigorous initial franchise training and continued education class to hone their mitigation and restoration skills. If your commercial facility has suffered a water, fire, mold or other type of loss event, call the professionals at SERVPRO of East Cobb. Let us show you why our motto is “Like it never even happened.”
Commercial Damage Restoration
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Commercial Mold Remediation
Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
Disaster Recovery Team
*Visit SERVPROeastcobbga.com/commerdcial-restoration-cleaning for more information on commercial restoration and drying. Or you can click here for information on residential restoration and mitigation.
SERVPRO of East Cobb 2020 Thanksgiving Restoration Newsline Contest
Read this blog and head on over to SERVPRO of East Cobb's Facebook page for a chance to win a FREE Honey Baked Ham!
SERVPRO of East Cobb would like to announce our 2020 Thanksgiving Restoration Newsline Contest! This contest was created to help educate the Cobb County community on the perils of home fires, and what you can do to help prevent both residential and commercial structure fires. One lucky participant will win a FREE Honey Baked Ham courtesy of SERVPRO of East Cobb.
- Comment on the SERVPRO of East Cobb 2020 Thanksgiving Restoration Newline Contest post with the answers to following questions (the post will be pinned to the top of our profile page for your convenience or you can click here for a direct link).
- What is the leading cause of residential fires?
- On average, how many structural home fires occur every year?
- Who can restore your home or business to preloss condition once the fire has been extinguished and smoke has cleared?
- Tune in for our Facebook Live drawing to see if you’ve won!
2020 Thanksgiving Restoration Newsline
Did you know cooking equipment is the leading cause of residential fires? As the holiday season begins and you find yourself in the kitchen more often while friends and family, fire precautions should be top of mind.
A property owner experiences a flood of emotions when a fire ravages their business or home. Fear, uncertainty, stress, and doubt about the future of the property and their livelihood can be overwhelming to the property owner long after the flames have been extinguished and the smoke has cleared. After the first wave of heroes have rescued the property, Let SERVPRO of East Cobb help you restore it to its preloss condition. Combining rapid response, the utmost professionalism, and open communication throughout the entire job process, we strive to restore not only the home or business structure, but the customer’s peace of mind as well.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) offers the following eye-opening statistics on structure fires:
- Most home fires and fire casualties result from five causes:
- Electrical distribution & lighting equipment
- Intentional fire setting
- Smoking materials
- More than one-quarter (27%) of reported fires occur in homes within the last year.
- Even worse, 79% of fire-related deaths were caused by home fires.
- On average, U.S. Fire departments respond to an estimated average of 354,400 home structure fires per year, resulting in $6.9 billion in direct property damage.
If the unthinkable happens and a fire strikes your home or business, give the experts at SERVPRO of East Cobb a call at (770) 424-0400 or visit SERVPROeastcobbga.com for more information. We will help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Using a Portable Fire Extinguisher
A portable fire extinguisher can be a life and property saving tool when used correctly. In order to operate a fire extinguisher, the NFPA suggests remembering the word PASS.
- Pull the pin. Hold the nozzle pointing away from you and release the locking mechanism.
- Aim low. Point the fire extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side
Read the instructions on the fire extinguisher and become familiar with them before a fire breaks out. Encourage your family members and co-workers to do the same. Remember, Extinguishers do have their limitations! It is also important to ensure you have the correct type of extinguisher for your home or facility. Refer to the next section of this blog to learn more about the different classes of fire extinguishers and the types of fire each are designed to extinguish.
Choosing the Appropriate Class of Fire Extinguisher
- Class A: This is the most common extinguisher and can be used to put out fires in ordinary combustibles such as cloth, wood, rubber, paper, and many plastics.
- Class B: Used on fires involving flammable liquids, such as grease, gasoline, and oil
- Class C: Designed for fires involving appliances, tools, or other equipment electronically energized or plugged in.
- Class D: For use on flammable metals; often specific for the type of metal in question. These are typically found in factories and commercial applications.
- Class K: Intended for use on fires that involve vegetable oils, animal oils, or fats in cooking appliances. Generally found in commercial kitchens.
*If you’ve enjoyed this blog feel free to check out some of SERVPRO of East Cobb’s Previous Restoration Blogs: ”PASS: Pull, Aim, Squeeze, and Sweep”; “Smoke Alarms Save Cobb County Lives”; “Help SERVPRO of East Cobb Make Cobb County Fire Safe”; “Kitchen Fire Precautions for Your Cobb County Home”; “SERVPRO of East Cobb’s Advance Fire Restoration Process and Equipment"
How to Remove Glued Down Carpeting After a Water Loss
Water damage carpet can start growing mold in as little as 24 hours. If your home suffers water damage call SERVPRO of East Cobb as soon as possible.
So you’ve experienced a water loss in your Cobb County home or business and you are trying to sort out the mess caused by the water damage. Perhaps a toilet supply line leak caused water to spill from your bathroom into other living spaces that happen to have glued down carpeted flooring. When dealing with water damaged glued down carpeting there are a few things to consider. How large of an area is affected? What type of water caused the damage? Has the carpet begun to delaminate? How old is the carpet in question? All these questions must be considered when deciding how to handle a restoration project that includes water damaged glued down carpeting.
According to IICRC S500 standards if a living space suffers water damage and the carpet shows signs of delamination, has been in contact with grossly contaminated water, or shows signs of microbial growth the carpet most likely needs to be removed and disposed of properly. Removing carpet often requires that the baseboards in the room also be removed and cleaned (if the baseboards were exposed to grossly contaminated water they will need to be replaced and disposed of properly). Removing carpet can be tricky particularly if it is glued down. SERVPRO of East Cobb strongly advises all property owners faced with water damage to their home or business to work with a reputable, licensed, and insured restoration company that they trust to complete any restoration project or repairs to their property.
SERVPRO’s Professional Guide to Removing Glued Down Carpeting
SERVPRO technicians will don appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect themselves during the restoration project. Cleaning up after a water loss can require a wide array of PPE depending on whether the water contains hazardous materials and the type of materials the water has come in contact with. If the water is grossly contaminated or the materials contain heavy metals or other caustic elements, tyvek coverall, rubber boots, chemical resistant gloves and respirators may be required. For other water losses that have less caustic conditions protective goggles, rubber gloves, and a respirator or dust mask may suffice. SERVPRO of East Cobb’s highest priority is the safety of our technicians and customers alike. Our technicians are specifically trained to deal with dangers one faces when mitigating or restoring a water damaged property. You should never put yourself in harm's way by taking on a restoration project, unless you are properly trained and experienced in the water restoration field.
Other equipment and supplies needed to remove glued down carpet include professional cleaning products like those found in SERVPRO’s line of proprietary cleaning products (CitraSolvent and Bright-N-Neutral Cleaner), as well as pump sprayers, hand scrapers, squeegees, a buffing or sanding tool, air movers, mop, mop bucket, and carpet removal tools like a carpet puller or electric floor scraper.
How to Remove Glued Down Carpet
Glued Down Carpet Removal
- Remove glued down carpet using carpet removal tools like a handheld scraping tool, carpet puller, or an electric floor scraper. Be sure to consult the operational manual or owners manual prior to using each piece of equipment to ensure safe operation.
- If the carpet will not release from the subfloor or other substrate using hand scraping tools, carpet puller, or electric floor scraper apply a professional grade cleaning solvent like SERVPRO’s CitraSolvent to help release carpet from the floor.
- Make sure to properly ventilate the work area while performing this procedure.
- Apply professional grade cleaning solvent between the carpet and floor if possible.
- Saturate the carpet with professional grade cleaning solvent to allow penetration through the carpet backing.
- Let professional grade cleaning solvent dwell on carpet for 10-15 minutes.
- Utilize hand scraping tools, carpet puller, or an electric floor scraper to remove remaining carpet.
Removal of Glue from Concrete
- Using the aforementioned handheld scraper tool or an electric floor scraper, scrape up as much glue and glue particles from the floor as possible. A buffing or sanding tool may also be used to buff or sand away glue residue.
- Generously apply the professional grade cleaning solvent to the carpet and concrete. This will loosen the glues hold and help facilitate glue removal.
- On smaller jobs you can use a brush to work professional grade cleaning solvent into glue that is stuck to the concrete.
- On Larger jobs you can use a buffing machine with a brush attachment to work professional cleaning solvent into glue that is stuck to the concrete.
- Allow the professional grade cleaning solvent to dwell for 10-15 minutes. This will help the solvent’s effectiveness and help the glue release from the concrete.
- Scrub the affected area using hand scrapers, electric floor scraper, or with an abrasive sanding block or buffing tool.
- Remove any excess liquid and residue using a squeegee or portable water extractor.
- Repeat as needed until no glue remains adhered to the concrete.
- *IMPORTANT* Mop the floor with hot water and a professional grade cleaning product like SERVPRO’s Bright-N-Neutral Cleaner to remove any residual adhesives or solvents.
- Finally rinse the entire affected area by mopping with clean clear water to remove any residual residue left behind by the professional cleaning product.
When water damage happens it can cause a whole host of issues in your home. From damage to your belongings and contents, to structural damage that denies you access to parts of your home that could force you to make adjustments to your living arrangements while the issue is resolved. Water restoration projects are never fun for homeowners to deal with, but choosing the right restoration company to handle your claim can save you tons of headaches and stress. If your home or business suffers water damage call SERVPRO of East Cobb today. We can restore your property quickly, safely, and cost effectively. Let the professionals at SERVPRO of East Cobb ease your burden and take all of the guesswork out of restoring your property.
SERVPRO of East Cobb is Cobb County’s Preferred Water Restoration Services Provider... Don’t Take Our Word For It....
*If you enjoyed this blog check out some of our previous blogs on water restoration: “Drying and Mitigation of a Three Bedroom House in Marietta, GA”; “Roswell Toilet Leak Lead to Water Damage Throughout Home”; “5 Way Hard Water Can Damage Your Cumberland, GA Home”; “How to Handle a Cobb County Clogged Toilet, Sink, and Other Simple Plumbing Issues”; “The Best Water Restoration Company in Kennesaw, GA”; “The Science Behind the Drying Process”
Importance of Responding Quickly to a Water Loss
No matter what time day or night, SERVPRO of East Cobb is here to help cleanup water damage in your Cobb County home.
Water can cause severe damage to the materials it saturates. That's why SERVPRO of East Cobb is ready to respond 24/7, 365 days a year. Water losses can happen at any time and when they do, time is of the essence to prevent further damages. Water spreads quickly and will saturate floors, walls, furniture and many more porous surfaces it comes in contact with. SERVPRO of East Cobb will immediately respond to your loss and extract water to prevent further damages and reduce the cost of restoration.
Some effects of water are immediate, while other effects can take days or weeks to become noticeable. The extent of damage depends on factors such as how much water is involved, how long the water sits and what type of materials is saturated. Let's take a look at how water can cause damage over time.
Water Damage within minutes
- Water migrates throughout your home, saturating the porous materials it touches
- Furniture finishes can bleed causing permanent stains on carpet and furniture
- Family photos, books, and important documents can become soaked causing bleeding, swelling and warping.
Water Damages First 24-Hours
- Drywall starts to breakdown and swelling occurs
- Furniture swells and cracks, veneer buckles
- Odors start to occur due to bacteria and mold
- Metals start to tarnish
Water Damages The First Week
- Doors, jambs, window seals and studs start to swell
- Rust and corrosion begins on metal
- Paint begins to bubble
- Wood floors start to cup and buckle
- Water becomes category 3 water which is unsanitary
- Microbial growth can set in and spread
Water Damages Over a Week
- Structural safety becomes a concern
- Microbial growth and bacteria becomes a concern for occupants
- Cost increases significantly
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb for Emergency Service (770) 424-0400
*Check out some of our Water Restoration Pictures previous Water Restoration Projects Before and After Photos: ”Roswell, GA Home Suffers Water Damage - Dining Room & Bar Area”; “Roswell, GA Home Suffers Water Damage - Dining Room & Kitchen”; “Roswell, GA Home Suffers Water Damage - Kitchen”; “Kennesaw Home Toilet Supply Line Leak”
Kitchen Fire Precautions for Your Cobb County Home
SERVPRO of East Cobb professionals are IICRC trained and have the experience and tools to restore even the most fire and soot damaged properties.
Each year, around the holidays, families gather together to celebrate by preparing delicious meals. However, not everyone practices safe cooking habits. According to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and injuries. The leading cause of fire in the kitchen is unattended cooking. It’s important to be alert to prevent holiday cooking fires.
- Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling, boiling, or broiling food.
- Be on alert! If you are sleepy or have consumed alcohol, do not use the stovetop or oven.
- Keep anything that can catch fire, like oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, or hand towels, away from the stovetop.
- If you are simmering, baking or roasting food, check it regularly, remain in the kitchen while the food is cooking, and use a timer to remind you that you are cooking.
In the event of a cooking fire or kitchen fire in general, consider the following safety protocols to help you and your family stay safe.
- Just get out! When you leave, close the door behind you to help contain the flames.
- Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number after you get out safely.
- For an oven fire, turn off the heat and keep the oven door closed.
- If you try to fight the fire be sure others are getting out and you have a clear path out.
- Keep a lid nearby when you’re cooking to smother small grease fires. Smother the fire by sliding the lid over the pan and turn off the stovetop. Leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled.
SERVPRO of East Cobb would like to wish you a safe and happy fall season!
After a home fire many homeowners are at a loss for words and could use some help figuring out what to do next. Their world has been flipped upside down and they could use a shoulder to lean on. SERVPRO of East Cobb is here to be that support network and offer professional advice on how to move forward. We handle fire claims for homeowners on a daily basis and are well versed in the fire restoration process. SERVPRO of East Cobb knows what it takes to make a house a home again. Let SERVPRO of East Cobb help you file your fire claim with your insurance provider. With our experience and know-how, SERVPRO of East Cobb will put your mind at ease and take the uncertainty and turmoil out of the fire recovery process.
If your home or business has suffered smoke or fire damage give SERVPRO of East Cobb a call today, or click here and one of our loss coordinators can contact you!
SERVPRO of East Cobb has been one of the most trusted names in the fire restoration industry for over seventeen years. We’ve earned this status by providing our customers with top notch customer service and by standing behind our work. SERVPRO of East Cobb strives to make each and everyone of our customers happy and will go the extra mile to make sure that we accomplish complete customer satisfaction. We pride ourselves on being faster to any size disaster, and getting the job done right the first time. Let SERVPRO of East Cobb make your home fire or water loss “Like it never even happened.”
*For more Fire Restoration Blogs and Fire Safety Tips take a moment to look at some of our previous blogs: “Help Prevent Fire In Your Kennesaw GA Home”; “Seven Ways to Protect Your Cobb County Home From The Silent Killer: Carbon Monoxide”; “PASS: Pull, Aim, Squeeze, and Sweep”; “SERVPRO of East Cobb’s Advanced Fire Restoration Process and Equipment”; “Cobb County Fire Claim Scope and Walk Through”; “Cobb County Kitchen Fire Cleanup”
Help SERVPRO of East Cobb Make Cobb County Fire Safe
If your home or business suffers a fire loss, call SERVPRO of East Cobb. We make fire damage "Like it never even happened."
According to the American Red Cross, you may have as little as two minutes to escape your home in the event that a fire starts. They outline that having an early warning system like a fire alarm in place and practicing a fire escape plan can greatly increase your likelihood of a successful escape and can save lives. The American Red Cross also provide the following “Top Tips for Fire Safety”
- Smoke alarms should be installed on each level of your home, as well as inside each bedroom and outside of all sleeping areas.
- Smoke alarms should be regularly tested on a monthly basis, and if one or more is found to be inoperable they should be replaced immediately. If the batteries are dead, the batteries should be replaced immediately. Oftentimes when a smoke detector’s battery power is running low the alarm will chirp, chime or otherwise indicate the batteries are running low.
- All family members could be consulted when developing a fire escape plan and everyone should participate in practice evacuation at least twice a year.
- If your home ever catches fire, you should get out, stay out and call for help. Never go back inside for anything or anyone.
Learn what you and your family should do if a fire starts in your home
If a fire starts in your home there are several things you should know like how to safely operate a fire extinguisher. You should leave all your things where they are and save yourself, and when escaping or exiting a structure that is on fire close doors behind you if you can safely. This will help slow the fire’s progression. If you live in a building that has multiple floors, never use the elevator to escape, use the stairs. If smoke, heat or flames block your exit routes, stay in the room with the doors closed. Place a wet towel under the door and call 9-1-1 or the fire department. Open a window and wave a brightly colored cloth or if available use a flashlight to signal for help. Smoke rises so when escaping a smoke filled room you should crawl getting as low to the ground as possible to avoid the smoke.
If your clothes catch on fire:
- Stop...what you’re doing.
- Drop…to the ground and cover your face if you can.
- Roll...over and over back and forth until the flames go out (running will only make the fire burn faster).
Once the flames are out, call for medical attention. Insignificant and non-life threatening skin burns can be cooled using running water by flushing the burned area(s) for three to five minutes.
SERVPRO of East Cobb is Here to Help
SERVPRO of East Cobb is locally owned and operated. We are proud to serve the East Cobb, GA, Noonday, GA, Westoak, GA, Kennesaw, GA, Cumberland, GA, Blackwells, GA, Mount Bethel, GA, and Sandy Plains, GA communities. We are a preferred vendor for most major insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers, Auto Owners, American Family Insurance, Metlife, and The Hartford. We have long-standing working relationships with our local agents, and help homeowners file an insurance claim when applicable. If your home our business suffers fire damage call SERVPRO of East Cobb at (770) 424-0400 or click here and one of our claims specialists can contact you today.
For more information on fire safety or related Fire Restoration Blog check out some of the following links: “Did You Know September is National Preparedness Month?”; “PASS: Pull, Aim, Squeeze, and Sweep”; “Smoke Alarms Save Cobb County Lives”; “Cobb County Kitchen Fire Cleanup”; “Cobb County Fire Claim Scope and Walk Through”; “First Hand Account of House Fire Cleanup in Marietta”; “Cobb County Fire Claim Step by Step Walkthrough of Scope”; “Seven Ways to Protect Your Cobb County Home From The Silent Killer: Carbon Monoxide”; “Help Prevent Fire In Your Kennesaw GA Home”; “Seven Ways to Prepare Your Kennesaw Home for a Home Fire”; “Smoke Alarms: Life Savers”
Commercial Water Restoration of Delta Office Complex
When water damage strikes your business, don't delay and call SERVPRO of East Cobb right away. We make water damage "Like it never even happened."
On Sunday, September 13th SERVPRO of East Cobb received an after hours call from Delta’s maintenance department notifying us that one of their office buildings was flooding due to a sink supply line. We arrived on site within the hour to extract several inches of standing water. We also completed necessary demolition/mitigation efforts by removing unsalvageable materials like sheetrock, glued down carpeting and cove base. Professional grad air movers and dehumidifiers were then strategically placed to facilitate the drying process.
Nearly two hours after receiving the initial call from Delta’s maintenance department SERVPRO of East Cobb received a second call from the same facility manager stating that a second building in the same business complex had also experienced a water loss due to a busted sprinkler line. We immediately dispatched a second team of restoration professionals fully equipped with all the necessary drying equipment.
In total, SERVPRO of East Cobb dispatched four crews of highly trained water restoration technicians along with a Project Manager to oversee the mitigation and restoration efforts. Once our restoration professionals were onsite, we were able to stop the water loss source by turning off the water supply lines, extract all of the standing water and document the loss with our proprietary restoration software. Before our restoration team left either facility drying equipment was strategically placed to facilitate the drying of the structure quickly and safely.
H1>Call SERVPRO of East Cobb Today
Experiencing a commercial water loss can be stressful for property manager or facility manager and business could suffer major losses in production or productivity. If your business suffers a severe to moderate water loss, SERVPRO of East Cobb is here to help 24-hours a day.
SERVPRO of East Cobb Commercial Restoration Process
- When a commercial water damage happens, the first thing a property manager/facility manager should do is contact SERVPRO of East Cobb. We will immediately dispatch water restoration technicians and a project manager to the place of business to evaluate the water damage and start the restoration process. After an initial inspection, the project manager will lay out the scope of work to the property manager/facility manager and instruct our team of water restoration technicians to start extracting standing water and drying the structure in accordance with IICRC S500 Standards and in line with the custom made action plan for the facility.
- Over the course of the next three days our highly trained restoration professionals will monitor and manipulate equipment to facilitate optimal drying (give or take a day or two depending on the size and scope of the water loss). Once the structure is dried to preloss condition the equipment will be removed and the rebuild/reconstruction process can proceed. Typically our construction manager will visit the facility shortly after the initial visit to create a scope of work and estimate to complete the reconstruction and repairs process.
- SERVPRO of East Cobb has the ability, asset, training and experience to handle commercial water loss claims from start to finish. From the initial drying process, to contents restoration, moving and storage process, to commercial reconstruction and repairs.
Want more content like this blog? Take a look at some of SERVPRO of East Cobb’s related Commercial Restoration Blogs: ”Prepare Your Cobb County Business With an Emergency READY Profile!”; “What Can You Restore Using Ultrasonic Cleaning?”; “Destroy Odors with Deodorization”; “Small Office Commercial Water Loss in Kennesaw GA”
*For more information on SERVPRO East Cobb’s Commercial Restoration Services check out our Commercial Restoration Before & After Photos
A Summer Cobb County Will Not Soon Forget
If your home or business has been effected by storm damage give SERVPRO of East Cobb a call today. We can make it "Like it never even happened."
Summer of 2020 has brought some pretty severe storms and major weather events throughout the US including hurricanes in the south, tornadoes in the midwest, and even wildfires on the west coast. Add to that, the worldwide pandemic that is COVID-19, and it’s pretty safe to say that nobody is going to miss 2020 when it's gone. Through it all, there has been one company ready to take on the overwhelming circumstances and step up when people and their communities need help...SERVPRO. Whether it SERVPRO’s new Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program, designed to combat the coronavirus, or Disaster Recovery Teams headed to the gulf to help relief efforts for Hurricane Sally, or fire crews traveling to the west coast to help home and business owners recover after the devastating forest fires...SERVPRO is here to help!
One of the most rewarding aspects of SERVPRO answering calls to mitigate fires, extract flood waters, and provide home and business owners relief when things seem darkest, is that these efforts were primarily executed by people that live in these communities. SERVPRO franchise owners typically live within the communities they serve and have a vested interest in seeing their community recover after major storm damage. They could literally live right next door to a customer and genuinely care about their well being. SERVPRO of East Cobb is a prime example of this business model and is a firm supporter of Cobb County and the surrounding areas. If your home suffers storm damage call the professionals that have proudly served the Cobb County community for nearly a decade...SERVPRO of East Cobb.
SERVPRO of East Cobb is the Best Choice for Storm Damage Cleanup for Your Cobb County Home or Business
We are Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO of East Cobb holds ourselves to the highest standards, and we pride ourselves on being faster to any size disaster. We know when storm damage or water losses happen, time can be of the essence. That’s why we have developed service response guidelines that govern how we address each and every restoration project we take on.
SERVPRO of East Cobb’s Service Response Guidelines:
- 1 HOUR – Within one hour of notice of loss, one of SERVPRO of East Cobb’s loss coordinators will contact you to arrange for service.
*While these guidelines are a good way to ensure that all of our customers are taken care of properly, SERVPRO of East Cobb strives for greatness and averages less than a two hour turn-around-time when responding to emergency storm, water, or fire service requests.
- 4 HOURS – Within four hours of loss notification, SERVPRO of East Cobb will be on-site to start mitigation services (if necessary).
- 8 HOURS – Within eight business hours, we will initiate a verbal briefing of the scope of damage and needed mitigation efforts.
We are Highly Trained Storm Damage Restoration & Drying Specialists
SERVPRO of East Cobb’s restoration specialists and technicians undergo a rigorous training and certification process as well as an extensive background check. We believe the best way to invest in our business is by investing in our people, that’s why SERVPRO of East Cobb only fields the most reputable, highly trained, experienced, and trustworthy water and storm damage restoration specialists in the Atlanta metro area. Our technicians hold IICRC certifications in both Water Damage Restoration Technician (WDRT) and Applied Structural Drying Technicians (ASDT). All technicians also participate in SERVPRO’s proprietary Continuing Education Classes that cover fire restoration, water restoration, mold mitigation and carpet & upholstery cleaning.
We are Locally Owned and Have National Storm Relief Resources
With over 1,700 franchises nationwide, SERVPRO of East Cobb has the assets, equipment, personnel, and expertise to take on any size disaster quickly, safely, efficiently and effectively. Our network of other locally owned SERVPRO franchise lends SERVPRO of East Cobb a massive advantage over other locally owned restoration companies that may or may not have a support network at all. SERVPRO is the nation's leading storm restoration service provider.
SERVPRO of East Cobb is Cobb County’s Preferred Storm Restoration Services Provider... Don’t Take Our Word For It....
- Over 100 Positive Reviews Across Different Online Platforms
- Nearly Perfect Google Review score
Did You Know September is National Preparedness Month?
If your home has been damaged due to a fire loss, call SERVPRO of East Cobb. We are the pros that make fire damage "Like it never even happened."
This year for National Preparedness month, join your community in preparing for emergencies and disasters of all types, and leading efforts to encourage the community as a whole to become more prepared. “Disasters happen” and not only devastate individuals and neighborhoods, but entire communities. Learn how to be prepared.
Smoke Alarms are Life Savers
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), fire alarms and smoke detectors save lives when properly installed and maintained. In residential settings, smoke alarms should be on every level of the home including the basement and in every bedroom. In commercial settings or in office spaces, please confer with your local fire marshal to insure your business or commercial property is in compliance with local and state requirements.
Smoke alarms should be tested monthly using the test button or in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines. Smoke alarms with non-replaceable batteries need to be completely replaced every ten years unless otherwise noted by the manufacturer. Alarms that utilize batteries should have the batteries replaced every year, and the unit itself should be replaced ten years from the manufacture date. Chirping alarms often signal a low battery and proper steps should be taken to replace the unit or the batteries immediately. Never disable or remove the battery from an alarm without first securing a suitable replacement fire alarm or smoke detector. Almost half of fires where smoke alarms were present but did not activate had missing or disconnected batteries (NFPA). Some larger commercial facilities have hard wired or wireless smoke alarms which give the added benefit of not needing to be tested as often, and some can even activate alarms throughout the entire building if smoke is detected in just one area. (NFPA).
If you need help installing, testing, or changing batteries in your smoke alarms, contact the Cobb County Fire Department, an electrician, or the American Red Cross. Be sure your home or business has a fire emergency plan in place and conducts regular fire drills. For more information on Emergency Preparedness, contact SERVPRO of East Cobb.
September Preparedness Tips:
Make & Practice Your Plan
Do you have an evacuation and shelter-in-place plan? Do you have a plan to communicate with your family before, during, and after an incident? Do you have an emergency supply kit?
Make sure your family is informed and practiced in your emergency plan. Be sure to sign up for alerts and warnings for your area, and download other necessary apps to stay informed, such as the FEMA app.
Learn Life Saving Skills
Do you or someone in your family know CPR? Could you turn off your natural gas if necessary? Do you know how to take cover in an earthquake? Knowing these life saving skills could mean life or death in an emergency situation for you, your family or your neighbors.
Check Your Insurance Coverage
Have you reviewed your insurance coverage recently to see if you’re covered in a disaster? Evaluate which hazards are relevant to your area and obtain the appropriate insurance for your home, business, or other property and become familiar with your coverage.
Save for an Emergency
Are you prepared financially in case of a disaster? Does your family have an emergency fund for unexpected expenses after a flood or fire? Check our FEMA’s Emergency Financial First Aid Kit (EFFAK) for an in-depth document to help you identify and compile important documents and account information all in one spot. Just search “EFFAK” on fema.gov for the free PDF.
Whether it's a flood, wildfire, or extreme winter weather, we must ensure our families, businesses, places of worship and neighborhoods are prepared. Contact SERVPRO of East Cobb to find out how we can help make it “Like it never even happened,” if disaster strikes in your life.
Portable fire Extinguishers can be life and property saving tools when used correctly. In order to operate an extinguisher, the NFPA suggests remembering the following acronym PASS.
- Pull the pin while pointing the nozzle away from yourself and release the locking mechanism
- Aim low by pointing the extinguisher nozzle at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side
*Remember to read the instructions on the fire extinguisher and become familiar with your particular model fire extinguisher before a fire breaks out. Fire extinguishers have limitations so be aware of all safety precautions and ensure that you have the proper type of extinguisher for your facility. To find more information on choosing the appropriate class of fire extinguisher, please visit the NFPA website nfpa.org.
Fire Damage Cleanup Advice:
These fire restoration tips and advice will assist you in taking helpful first steps and actions until the professionals from SERVPRO of East Cobb arrive. Follow these dos and don’ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful fire restoration project.
Fire Damage Cleanup DOs:
Do...limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into carpet and avoid tracking particles to other areas of the home or business.
Do...keep your hands clean. Soot on your hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and furniture.
Do...empty the freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor, if electricity is off.
Do...wipe soot from metal faucets, fixtures, trim, and appliances in kitchen and/or bathroom(s).
Do...pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks, and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures during winter months.
Do...Remove soot particles from plants with a damp cloth.
Do...Change HVAC filter, but leave the unit turned off until trained professionals can inspect the system.
Do...tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
Fire Damage Cleanup DON’Ts:
Don’t...attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting trained fire restoration professionals like those found at SERVPRO of East Cobb.
Don’t...attempt to shampoo carpets, rugs, or upholstered furniture without first contacting trained fire restoration professionals like those found at SERVPRO of East Cobb.
Don’t...attempt to clean any electrical appliances (such as TVs, radios, computers, etc) that may have been close to the fire, exposed to high heat, or water used to extinguish the fire without first consulting an authorized repair service like those found at SERVPRO of East Cobb.
Don’t...consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to the fire, exposed to heat, or water used to extinguish the fire. They may have been contaminated, and are not safe for consumption.
Don’t...turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or has been damaged by the fire. The wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock or shorts. Air movement can also cause secondary damage to your property.
Don’t…send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odors in some types of fabrics.
For more information on fire safety and fire restoration check out some of our previous Fire Restoration Blogs: “Help Prevent Fire In Your Kennesaw GA Home”; “Seven Ways to Protect Your Cobb County Home From The Silent Killer: Carbon Monoxide”; “PASS: Pull, Aim, Squeeze, and Sweep”; “SERVPRO of East Cobb’s Advanced Fire Restoration Process and Equipment”; “Cobb County Fire Claim Scope and Walk Through”; “Cobb County Kitchen Fire Cleanup”