How to Remove Standing Water and Dry Your Kennesaw Basement
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb 24/7 Emergency Water Removal & Extraction
Removing standing water from your basement might seem like an impossible task but SERVPRO of East Cobb handles this type of situation nearly every single day. SERVPRO brings newest drying technology to every jobsite as well as highly trained professionals. SERVPRO of East Cobb holds ourselves to the highest industry standards. To us it’s not just another job, it is one of our valued customer’s home or business. SERVPRO of East Cobb can make it “Like it never even happened."
“Dealing with a flood” in Kennesaw GA, makes most business and home owner’s list of worst-case scenarios. We typically find during most water damages that the basement is affected whether it is a pipe leak or a result of outdoor flooding. Water travels to the lowest point so it usually winds up in the basement or crawlspace. SERVPRO of East Cobb's highly trained professionals can dry out your home or business using our top-notch equipment and drying techniques.
Here are a few things you should expect over the course of our service:
Depending on how large the affected area of your property is and how many contents are involved, SERVPRO of East Cobb will likely move furniture and other personal belongings out of the structure or to a non-affected area. This will allow us to clean and restore the affected area more efficiently and effectively. This will also allow for additional room so that the restoration equipment can be placed in a way that will successfully dry out the property.
Once the contents have been manipulated, our restoration team will start extracting water by using a submersible pump or extraction unit. Submersible pumps have enclosed motors which allow the pumps to be submerged into water and pump the water out of the area. Our extraction units allow for pumping of standing water into a portable tank which can then be disposed offsite. Either method will successfully remove any water from your basement.
Drying and Cleaning
After the water is removed from your basement our professionals will place specialized equipment to dry the structure of your home. This specialized equipment will include air movers to evaporate the moisture from affected materials and dehumidifiers to lower the humidity in the affected area. Drying out your home after a water loss is essential to keep mold from growing. If mold has already started to grow, SERVPRO of East Cobb has trained professionals standing ready to remediate your home or business 24/7. Drying your home will require several visits to monitor the progress of drying and to manipulate the equipment to achieve moisture contents goals. The affected area of your home will be treated with an antimicrobial agent, which will keep odors at bay as well as prevent microbial growth.
*Once all Moisture content readings have meet goal all equipment will be removed and you will be ready to move forward with the next step in the restoration process if necessary, The Rebuild Phase.
SERVPRO of East Cobb is proud to be a part of most major insurance providers preferred vendors as well as our local agents go to restorers. Our skilled technicians have passed background checks and are IICRC certified. We help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Give SERVPRO of East Cobb a call at (770) 424-0400 if you have experienced a water loss in your home. We are Ready to Help!
Visit http://www.SERVPROeastcobbga.com for more information on water damage.
Pay Attention to Kennesaw Flood Warnings
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb for 24hr water extraction & restoration for your home or business!
Flooding is a temporary overflow of water onto an area that normally is dry. Injury or death can result from failing to evacuate flooded areas, going into flood waters, or staying in flooded areas after water passes. As far as natural disasters go, floods are the most common natural disaster.
- Floods can damage buildings, create mudslides/landslides, and cause substantial disruption of transportation/resources
- Floods result from rain, snow, storms, or even overflows of dams and other water systems.
- Flash floods can develop quickly or slowly and can come with no warning.
If you've experienced flood damage call SERVPRO of East Cobb (770) 424-0400. We offer 24/7 emergency service!
If you are under a flood warning, seek safe shelter immediately!
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through flood waters. Turn Around, Don’t Drown! (Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.)
- Stay off of bridges over fast-moving water.
- Determine how best to protect yourself based on the type of flooding.
- Evacuate if told to do so.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
Are you one of our many satisfied customers? Click Here to let us know how we did!
For more information about floods and similar articles check out our friend over at www.ready.gov
Storm Insurance Related Questions For Your Kennesaw Storm Claim
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb 24/7 Emergency Storm Repair Service! (770)424-0400
SERVPRO of East Cobb field hundreds of emergency water restoration calls every year from often frantic customers dealing with their first storm related insurance claim. This can be a very trying and stressful time for even the coolest headed individuals. SERVPRO has your back and can make it “Like it never even happened.” With over 1600 franchises nation wide we have the national backing to handle any size disaster.
SERVPRO of East Cobb prides itself on not only restoring our customers property, but also our customers peace of mind. Customers tend to have questions flying through their head causing all sorts of anxiety and stress. Having a company that you can turn to, to answer your questions and provide 24/7 service is essential.
Some of the most common questions customers ask us about their home, condo or business water damage:
- Is a water leak covered by home insurance?
- Is a leaking toilet covered by insurance?
- Is water damage from a leaking roof covered by insurance?
While we wish we could give a simple yes or no answer to these questions, there are way too many variables to issue such an overly simplified blanket answer. If you have questions about your coverage, we encourage you to contact your insurance agent. Familiarize yourself with your policy and don’t be afraid to ask your agent questions about coverage. Knowing what kind of coverage, you have will prevent you from being ill prepared when disasters happens.
Types of water damage that depending on coverage, may or may not be covered by your insurance policy:
- Sudden or Accidental Discharge - A window is broken allowing rain water to damage the interior of a structure.
- Sewer Backup or Water Backup - The sewer system is clogged causing sewage to flow backwards into a home or business.
- Overflow - A water shut off valve or drain fails causing water to flood a kitchen or bathroom.
- Flood - During inclement weather water levels rise such that water engulfs street, home & business.
- Insurance Covered Storm Related Water Damage - This would be determined on a case by case basis and depend on the insured’s coverage
SERVPRO of East Cobb is a leader in the water restoration industry and is a preferred service provider for most major insurance providers. This means that SERVPRO has pre-negotiated pricing, rates and terms of service with your insurance provider on a national level. Providing both cost savings for insurance companies and their customers. It also means that you will receive the same high level of service from highly trained restoration professional no matter where you live!
Give SERVPRO of East Cobb a call today!
Why SERVPRO of East Cobb?
SERVPRO of East Cobb 24/7 Emergency Water, Fire, & Mold Restoration
The People, Experience, Training and Equipment to make it "Like it never even happened."
The People - With over 10,000 quality teammates nationwide, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Experience - SERVPRO is a Franchise System with over 40 years of leadership in fire and water cleanup and restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners, commercial property managers and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon.
The Training - Franchise Professionals undergo extensive fire restoration training an d certification SERVPRO Industries, Inc. offers an IICRC-approved school to help ensure our training meets and exceeds accepted industry standards.
The Equipment - With over 5,000,000 square feet of building space, housing over 140,000 pieces of cleaning and restoration equipment, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the resources to help you take back control of your life.
The SERVPRO system saves you money by reducing recovery costs.
Mitigation requires quick action. The faster SERVPRO of East Cobb arrives on-site to preform cleanup and restoration, the better the results - including lower claim costs.
- Emergency Mitigation Services help minimize additional property damages.
- Restoration versus replacement of contents saves heirlooms and money too.
- Restorable contents will be cleaned and deodorized to preloss condition when possible.
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb at (770) 424-0400 for all of your restoration and mitigation needs!!!
Restore Your Flooded Home In Cobb County, GA
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb once your family is safe. We are ready to help 24/7!
During a flood, make sure that you avoid contact with flood waters and always contact local authorities when you are in immediate danger. There are a variety of local, state, and federal agencies equipped to respond to flooding situations throughout the state. In Cobb County you should contact Emergency Services by calling 911. Your Family is not alone; help may be closer than you think.
Contamination levels of flood waters may include raw sewage or other toxic substances that cause significant health issues for you and your family. Follow a few simple guidelines for avoiding extensive flood damage in your Cobb County area home.
- If you become stranded on your property during a flood and use a generator for energy, remember that generators produce toxic vapors called carbon monoxide. These vapors are extremely dangerous for you and your family, resulting in death if not handled correctly.
- Never allow your children or their pets to play in flood waters. Several chemicals and diseases exist which heighten the risk of exposure and sickness to small children. If one does become exposed and experiences flu-like symptoms, report this to first responders, immediate medical attention for your loved ones is important.
- When the property is deemed safe to return to by local safety officials, make sure to contact a trusted restoration company, like SERVPRO to help you quickly get things back to “like it never even happened!”
SERVPRO of East Cobb offers a variety of services to remove flood waters quickly and help prevent mold growth that happens due to extensive exposure. Mold can cause severe health issues that you want to avoid, get the help you need within 48-hours to prevent these problems and other issues in your home.
SERVPRO technicians utilize a variety of techniques, including IICRC training and EPA guidelines to help return your indoor environment to a healthy, safe one that you and your family can enjoy. Take this opportunity to talk to professional technicians about possible improvements and address any concerns you may have for future events.
SERVPRO of East Cobb can help, call today (770) 424-0400. Your property and its contents can be returned to pre-condition in no time.
Could Your Kennesaw, GA Workspace Use a Good Sping Cleaning?
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb for 24 hours 7 days a week (770)424-0400
The temperatures may be chilly right now but before you know it, it will be spring time again. Most people think the beginning of spring is great time of year to complete household chores we’ve put off all winter or prepare our homes for the coming warm weather. With each new spring comes the opportunity to participate in the time honored tradition of spring cleaning. SERVPRO of East Cobb would like to remind you that spring time isn’t just a good time to cleanup around the house. You should also really do some spring cleaning and organize your place of business.
SERVPRO of East Cobb can help get your facility in tip top shape. In addition to air duct and HVAC cleaning, SERVPRO of East Cobb is trained to use state-of-the-art equipment to remove soils hiding deep within your carpet, as well as focused stains removal and stain resistance applications. Other services include: upholstery and drapery cleaning, hard floor cleaning and care, and odor deodorization.
A clean environment is a healthy environment! Improve your living and work spaces this spring. SERVPRO of East Cobb have the tools to make your home or business sparkle in on time!
Quick Workspace Tips:
- Divide Your Workspace Into Zones: Determine how you want and need to use the space and set up zones for your daily functions. You may require a workspace for your computer, a library area for our research, a storage area for supplies and a filing area for your archives. This will provide a foundation for a more efficient use of space.
- Keep Only What You Need At Arm's Length: Boxes of pens, stacks of papers and old coffee cups need to go. Rid your desk of visual clutter by paring down the items on top to the essentials only. Supplies, paperwork and personal items should be kept in the zones you've established for them.
- Sort Your Catch-All Drawer: Use drawer dividers to give everything a place, like compartments for paperclips and rubber bands. Go through the draw every six weeks and clear out anything that is out of place or isn't being used.
- Eliminate Digital Clutter: Digital clutter can be just as stressful as physical clutter. Organize digital files and your e-mail inbox just as you would paper files-with a system of logical and clearly labeled folders. Also, keep the icons on your desktop to a bare minimum, and trade in sticky notes on your monitor for calendar reminders.
If your business is in need of a little spring cleaning or just experienced a massive fire or water loss, SERVPRO of East Cobb has you covered. With the national backing of over 1600 franchises, we can handle any cleaning or restoration project you can send our way.
Give is a call today for a quote! (770) 424-0400
The Science Behind the Drying Process
SERVPRO of East Cobb 24/7 Emergency Water Restoration Services - (770)424-0200 - We work with insurance companies and adjusters!
Having the knowledge of psychrometrics in essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place a fan or two around the damaged area, SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chances of any secondary damages. If your business suffers a water damage, SERVPRO of East Cobb Professional will:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What exactly does it mean to help "speed up Mother Nature"? A wet building can often dry naturally because the environment always seeks equilibrium. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material-but only if the air is, indeed, drier. The only problem is, nature takes too long and secondary damages may occur while the building is drying out.
SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals have the tools and equipment to help dry hardwood floors, tough-to-reach spaces inside walls, and much more. SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals also use state-of-the-art monitoring equipment, and a proven scientific process to help speed the drying of your home or business.
The bottom-line? SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals have the training and equipment to help make water damage "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb at: (770) 424-0400
What to Expect When You Call SERVPRO of East Cobb
SERVPRO of East Cobb provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in East Cobb
SERVPRO of East Cobb is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (770) 424-0400
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of East Cobb has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of East Cobb
SERVPRO of East Cobb specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Valentine's Date Night Package Contest
How many candy hearts can you count?
Are you one of our local insurance agent?
Do you work at one of our local insurance office?
Could you use a night out with your special someone?
Then all you have to do is answer one more question correctly...How many hearts are in the jar?
The rules are pretty simple...Like SERVPRO of East Cobb's Facebook page and comment on the linked contest post with how many candy hearts you think are in the jar. Who ever guess the number or comes the closest will win SERVPRO of East Cobb's Valentine's Date Night Package.
We will announce the winner via Facebook, February 13th. SERVPRO of East Cobb would like to wish everyone the best of luck and a happy Valentines Day!
Winter Weather Worries
Keep an eye out for snow build-up on roofs!
Winter weather can bring about more issues than just slippery roads and a sidewalk to shovel. If you live where temperatures sink below freezing level, you are also at risk for frozen pipes and ice dams, which can create a major disaster at your home or property.
Frozen pipes are often those exposed to the cold weather, such as those outside your home, or in cold areas such as basements, attics, garages or kitchen cabinets.
A frozen pipe can burst at the point where the ice blockage inside the pipe is located, but typically the rupture is caused by the backflow pressure between the water source and the blockage. A burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property if not addressed quickly.
To prevent pipes from freezing, here are a few steps you can take, according to The American Red Cross:
- Be sure to completely drain water from swimming pool and sprinkler lines as well as outside hoses.
- Open kitchen cabinets to let warm air circulate near the plumbing.
- When the weather is extremely cold, let water drip from faucets that may come from exposed pipes.
- Keep your heat set to the same temperature both day and night.
Ice dams can be a little-known, but major problem during the snowy season. They form when heated air melts roof snow downward into water dammed behind still-frozen ice. When the trapped water cannot safely flow gutter system, it can backflow under the roof's shingles and into the structure's interior areas, as well as causing gutters and shingles to move or fall.
Removing an ice dam as soon a it is found is vital to helping prevent damage to your property and can be done using heated cables , a roof shovel, or calcium chloride ice melter.
If winter weather causes water damage to you or your insured's property, SERVPRO of East cobb are only a call away, 24/7, ready to restore to preloss condition.