Recent Water Damage Posts
Roswell Toilet Leak Leads to Water Damage Throughout Home
If your home or business suffers water or fire damage call SERVPRO of East Cobb. We can make it "Like it never even happened."
In a well established and quiet neighborhood on the East side of the growing city of Roswell, GA, disaster struck a two story traditional brick house in the form of a toilet supply line leak. The homeowner was out of town on business for a couple of days and returned home to find water cascading down through the ceiling of his living room, kitchen, and dining room. He was immediately hit with an overwhelming sense of worry and dread. At the time, it seemed like everything he owned was ruined. He began playing through his head the process of having to rebuild his entire life, all because of this most unfortunate water leak. This only added to his feelings of uncertainty and frustration, and just when all seemed lost...He called SERVPRO of East Cobb.
SERVPRO of East Cobb’s highly trained and professional restoration team will help you navigate all of the twists and turns that can come with restoring your home or business after water damage and can help you regain control of the situation. Upon notification, SERVPRO of East Cobb can have technicians on-site within an hour in most cases, ready to start the drying process so that your life can get back to normal. If your home or business has suffered water damage, give SERVPRO of East Cobb a call today! We are approved and preferred vendors for most insurance companies and have a great working relationship with local insurance adjusters. If you happen to be a State Farm, Allstate, Farmers, Auto Owners, or The Hartford insurance customer, SERVPRO of East Cobb is a preferred provider of these carriers making the process simple for our customers. Taking all of the guesswork out of filling out insurance paperwork, scheduling with adjusters, and documenting your claim.
It is SERVPRO’s policy to protect our customers personal information and SERVPRO would never publish identifying information about our customer’s property. We asked this Roswell homeowner if it would be alright to share his restoration project story with prospective customers and highlight the work we performed on our website. Having been thoroughly impressed with our level of service and attention to detail, he acquiesce without hesitation. The following is a step by step walk through of his water restoration claim.
Our customer called SERVPRO of East Cobb just after lunch on a Sunday afternoon, to notify us of his home water damage issues. Our loss coordinator fielded his call, and calmed his nerves by assuring him that SERVPRO help was on the way. Then immediately dispatched one of our IICRC certified water restoration technicians to his home to perform an emergency water extraction and start the drying process. While on the phone with our loss coordinator, we gather pertinent information about the homeowners property like when it was built, insurance policy information, and the number of rooms affected. Is water and electrical power available on-site? What type of materials were affected by water damage (hardwood floors, carpeting, drywall, etc.)? The information gathered was electronically transferred to our water restoration technicians, who were in route to the customer’s home. By gathering and providing this information to our technicians, they are ready to start the restoration process as soon as they set foot on the property. Equipped with specialty drying equipment suited to the type, condition and size of the loss at hand.
SERVPRO’s goal is to save all building materials and restore them to their preloss condition through our advanced drying and restoration techniques and processes. Materials that can not be saved are documented for the homeowner and adjuster, then removed and disposed of off site. Sometimes materials may not be cost effective to restore, in which case the item(s) or material(s) are again, documented for the homeowner and insurance provider’s records then removed from the home or business.
The first step our water restoration technicians take on any restoration project is to assess the structure and affected areas for safety hazards like falling sheetrock or electrocution risks. Once the property was deemed safe, our technicians started documenting and assessing the extent of the water damage. Taking pictures and notes of damage to be compiled in the restoration job file along with drying-logs that document the progress of drying the structure, building materials, and contents of the home.
Room by Room Mitigation Scope of Work
Cause of Loss: The cause of loss was a broken toilet supply line on the second level in the master bathroom. Water leaked from the broken toilet supply line for approximately three days and did damage to all three levels of the home, affecting fifteen rooms. The cause of loss, first, and second levels were all classified as a category 2 water damage due to contaminants in the water that could potentially cause illness through contact or ingestion. The basement level was upgraded to category 3 water damage because of potentially pathogenic, toxic organic and inorganic substances.
*The home was divided into three zones and individual scopes of work were written up for each zone.
Zone 1: The basement was designated as zone one and consisted of three affected rooms. The basement was largely unfinished and used primarily for storage. Our team extracted water from the cement basement floor, safely packed up what little items were in the basement to be safely stored off site at our 15,000 sq. ft storage facility. Specialty commercial grade equipment was placed once all standing water was extracted. Using SERVPRO’s proprietary psychrometrics software, our technicians set up twenty-eight directional air movers, four low grain refrigerant dehumidifiers, and a courtesy HEPA air scrubber to filter unpleasant odors associated with the water loss. Affected areas were treated with antimicrobial and professional cleaning products to prevent mold growth. After a few days of drying, zone one was dried to IICRC S500 Standards and returned to preloss condition. Finally the contents that had been moved off site could be returned to the customer’s basement.
Zone 2: The main level was designated as zone two and consisted of four affected rooms (kitchen, dining room, living room, and hallway bathroom), an entryway, and a couple of hallways. The affected rooms all required light water extraction due to a small amount of standing water that saturated the free flowing hardwood floors. Extensive demolition was required throughout portions of zone two.
- In the kitchen, hardwood floors were 70% affected requiring 235 sq. ft of flooring to be removed along with all wall baseboards. A small amount of standing water was extracted from the kitchen floor. Cabinets and countertops were emptied and belongings packed for cleaning and storage off site. The ceiling was 100% affected and required all 280 sq. ft of ceiling sheetrock to be removed. The walls and cabinets were largely unaffected and were able to be restored with minimal demolition, only the cabinetry baseboards would have to be temporarily removed to facilitate drying. Once demo was completed the entire area was cleaned using professional cleaning products and antimicrobial treatments to prevent mold from growing in the home. Using eight centrifugal air movers and a single Evolution LGR dehumidifier the kitchen was dried to IICRC’s S500 Standards and was now ready for our construction team to complete repairs and finish the restoration of the kitchen. New hardwood floors were installed. Baseboards were remounted to the fully restored kitchen cabinets. Touch up paint and drywall work was completed by our talented paint and sheetrock crews. The entire kitchen was given a final cleaning and the contents were returned to their rightful places, completing the restoration of the kitchen.
- In the dining room, hardwood floors were 25% affected requiring 39 sq. ft of the flooring to be removed along with the removal of all baseboards. The contents of the room were safely packed into boxes and moved off site, taking special care of the customers antique dining room table. After demolition, the affected area was treated with antimicrobial professional cleaning products to prevent future mold growth, and two air movers were placed to dry the affected area to preloss condition in just a couple of days. Once our construction department replaced the hardwood floors and baseboards, the dining room table and other contents could be returned and arranged as they were before the loss.
- In the living room, hardwood floors were 100% affected requiring 356 sq. ft of the flooring to be removed along with all baseboards in the room. Standing water was extracted using one of SERVPRO’s truck mounted water extraction vacuums and debris was cleared from the area. The ceiling was also 100% affected requiring all 375 sq. ft of the ceiling to be removed. Once demolition was completed the entire affected area was cleaned with antimicrobial professional cleaning products to deter mold growth in the future. Twelve Centrifugal and directional air movers were strategically placed to encourage drying of the subfloor and ceiling joists, along with two Dri-Eaz LGR dehumidifiers and a courtesy air scrubber to remove airborne particulate matter. Once the structure was dried to preloss conditions, SERVPRO’s construction department stepped in, replacing the hardwood floors, ceiling drywall, baseboards, and touched up paint and drywall.
- In the hallway bathroom, the hardwood floors were 100% affected requiring 18 sq. ft of the flooring to be removed along with the baseboards in the room. The cabinets, granite vanity and sink in the bathroom were detached to facilitate drying and the entire area was treated with antimicrobials and professional cleaning products to prevent mold growth. Two directional air movers were set up in the bathroom and drying in this area was completed in just a couple of days. The construction team replaced the hardwood floors, touched up paint, reset the vanity and sink to complete the restoration of the bathroom.
Zone 3: The second level of the home was designated as zone three and consisted of five affected rooms (master bedroom, master bathroom, two guest bedrooms, and a study/home office), and a long hallway that spanned the length of the second level. Excluding the master bedroom suite and hallway, the second level had free flowing carpet throughout which was completely saturated with standing water in some places. Water was extracted from the carpet and pad, then the carpet and pad was cut out and removed. The homeowner had postponed replacement of the carpet on the second floor for several years and used this disaster claim as an opportunity to complete the flooring renovations.
- In the master bedroom, hardwood floors were 100% affected and required all 228 sq ft of hardwood flooring be removed as well as all baseboards in the room. SERVPRO technicians utilized portable water extractors to remove standing water and carefully packed the contents of the master bedroom for cleaning and storage off site prior to removing the flooring. Professional cleaning products with antimicrobial agents were used to clean the affected areas, as a preventative measure against mold growth. A total of six Sahara HD TurboDryer air movers and a single low grain refrigerant dehumidifier were used to dry the master bedroom over the course of several days. The construction team reinstalled new hardwood floors and baseboards then touched up sheetrock and paint prior to final inspection.
- In the master bathroom, tile floors were 100% affected and required all 60 sq ft of tile flooring to be removed from the master bathroom. Standing water was extracted from the tile floor and master bathroom contents were cleaned and packed for offsite storage. The toilet was detached to facilitate drying and the removal of the tile flooring. Then the entire affected area was treated with professional cleaning products and antimicrobials to prevent mold from growing in the future. Three centrifugal air movers were used alongside a single LGR dehumidifier to dry the master bathroom over the course of several days. Once the master bathroom was dried to preloss conditions SERVPRO’s construction department replaced the tile flooring, reset the toilet, and touched up drywall and paint, completing the restoration of the master bathroom.
- In the hallway, hardwood floors were 100% affected and required all 135 sq ft of hardwood flooring be removed as well as all baseboards. Standing water was extracted from the hall prior to removing the baseboards and hardwood floors. SERVPRO’s proprietary professional antimicrobial and cleaning products were used to clean the affected area and prevent mold from forming. Four centrifugal air movers, two axial air movers, and one dehumidifier was used to dry the hall to IICRC S500 Standards. Restoration of the hallway was completed when SERVPRO’s construction department installed new hardwood floors, baseboards, and touched up minor drywall and paint flaws.
- In guest bedroom one, carpeted flooring was 40% affected, requiring 65 sq. ft of carpeting to be removed. At the homeowner’s request our team removed 100% of the carpeted flooring in preparation of the new hardwood flooring that would be installed after structural drying was completed. The entire room was cleaned using professional antimicrobial cleaning products. The contents of the bedroom were packed up and moved off site for cleaning and storage. Only four air movers were required to dry all affected materials and subflooring in just a few days. As mentioned, our construction department completed the restoration of the bedroom by installing new hardwood floors, replacing baseboards, and touching up paint and drywall issues.
- In guest bedroom two, there was no damage caused by the water loss, but in preparations of upgrading the flooring, carpet and pad was removed from the room. The contents of the room were packed up for safe storage off site, so that hardwood flooring upgrades could be completed in guest bedroom two.
- In the study/home office, carpet was 10% affected and required that 14 sq ft of carpeting to be removed. Again, at the homeowner’s request our team removed 100% of the carpeted flooring in preparation of the new hardwood floor installation. The contents of the study/home office were carefully packed and transported off site for cleaning and storage. Antimicrobial professional cleaning products were used to clean the damaged area. Two centrifugal air movers quickly dried this partially affected room. Once dry, the construction department completed the restoration and flooring upgrades by installing new hardwood floors and touching up paint and drywall blemishes.
What to Expect Until Help Arrives!
When you call, SERVPRO of East Cobb a loss coordinator will ask you several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of East Cobb
SERVPRO of East Cobb specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
5 Ways Hard Water Can Damage Your Cumberland GA Home
SERVPRO of East Cobb is a preferred service provider for most major insurance companies. We can can even help you file a claim!
So you’ve probably seen the late night infomercials advertising water treatments and devices that prevent hard water. You might have wondered to yourself, “What is ‘hard water’ and can it actually affect my home?”. Let's take a quick look at what “hard water” is and how it can affect your house.
SERVPRO of East Cobb is open 24/7. Our water restoration professionals can be at your door within an hour!
Hard water is just water that has a high content of minerals like calcium, magnesium carbonate, bicarbonates and sulfates (minerals commonly found in limestone and gypsum). These minerals are suspended in solution and are so small they can not be seen by the naked eye. To find out if you have hard water you can use a home test kit or by calling your local water department. Levels of hardness in water varies regionally. You can check to see if your water falls in line with Georgia’s average on the US Geological Survey’s (USGS) website.
If your water has a slight metallic taste or smells like rotten eggs, you might have hard water. Hard water is typically not harmful to humans or animals, and some studies even suggest that water with slightly elevated mineral levels can be beneficial. The human body needs to take in many different types of minerals. The primary way we take in these minerals is through the food we eat and the liquids we drink. Household plumbing and appliances on the other hand are another story. Over time, hard water can cause major issues in homes, and can also cause minor discomfort to the occupants. Let's take a closer look at how hard water can affect your home.
5 Major Ways Hard Water Can Affect Your Home
- Hard water shortens the lifespan of your hot water heater and other appliances. Minerals can build up inside of your hot water heater causing it to fail. This can result in costly and time consuming repairs. By having your hot water heater and other appliances regularly serviced according to the manufacturer, you can prevent mineral buildup and prolong the life of your appliances and hot water heaters.
- Hard water can cause faucets to drip and can discolor brick and other sidings. Hard water minerals can build up on just about any surface they come in contact with. Areas around water spigots, downspouts, and gutters are prone to discoloration for this reason. Exterior water sources are also prone to mineral buildup that can cause fixtures to drip. Having the exterior of your home pressure cleaned once a year will remove built up minerals on “high traffic water areas”, and can keep your home looking new.
- Hard water can leave behind shower and tub rings. Overtime, minerals build up along the fill line of the tub or shower and leave them with an ugly brownish-red slimy residue that can be quite difficult to remove. Cleaning your shower regularly can help prevent shower and tub rings, and in most cases using household cleaners like CLR will remove the unsightly ring/residue. This tip also works on toilets, by preventing toilet rings.
- Hard water can cause slow draining Toilets, sinks, and shower heads. Not unlike the other examples, minerals can build up in side pipes, fittings, and connectors causing them to corrode and drain slowly. Being careful what you put down your drains is a good way of preventing blockages, but if you believe you have corrosion in your home plumbing system it would be advisable to call a reputable plumbing company you trust.
- Hard water can cause cloudy drinking water. The reason hard water sometimes appears cloudy has to do with the high mineral content (the higher the mineral content the more cloudy the water). You should never use water that you feel has been compromised in any way, but hard water is safe to drink and can help with some of your daily intake of minerals. Hard water will however, leave your dishes spotty, cause laundry to look less clean or dingy, and can leave your skin feeling dry and itchy.
If you’ve experienced a water loss and need some help cleaning up, call SERVPRO of East Cobb. We have the trained professionals that can make it “Like it never even happened”! Check out some of our great reviews on Google, Yelp and Facebook!
Winter Weather is Coming to Cobb County, Don't Let Your House's Pipes Freeze
Winter is coming and temperatures are dropping, make sure your home is prepared for cold weather!
Winter is fast approaching North Georgia and will be here before we know it. The best time to prepare for winter weather and the dropping temperatures is to assemble supplies and fortify your property before it arrives. Trying to gather supplies once the cold weather event is upon us results in more accidents on the roads and people stranded in the cold. Having a general all purpose disaster ready kit is a great idea and will help prepare your home and family for cold weather events.
One of the leading causes of water damage in winter months is due to pipe freezes. When pipes freeze fittings, connectors, or even the pipe itself can crack. When the pipes eventually thaw out the water leaks from the pipes causing water damage to the structure. The best way to prevent pipe freezes is to not allow the temperature in at risk areas to drop below freezing by heating these spaces. PEX flexible plumbing lines are better suited for cold weather and could be used in place of traditional PVC or copper pipes. Insulating pipes will also help prevent pipe freezes, and can also improve the efficiency of your hot water heater.
SERVPRO of East Cobb and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention want everyone in the Cobb County & Metro Atlanta areas to be better prepared for winter weather this year. Most Atlantans remembers “Snowmageddon” back in 2014, when we were caught off guard by a few inches of snow and ice. Almost the entire metro area was brought to a stand still because of impassable roads and wrecked vehicles. Hopefully some of these tips will better prepare us and keep us safe this winter.
You can winterize your home by installing insulation and weather stripping in areas that have gaps where cold air can infiltrate your home. You can also insulate water lines installed in exterior or exposed walls to help prevent pipe freezes. Having a working and well maintained heating system, whether it is gas or electric is very important. You should have your heating system serviced professionally once a year, and check smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors monthly for charged batteries and are in good working order. Having a backup source of heat that can operate on alternative fuels is also a good.
The CDC has a few simple tips to prepare your vehicle for winter weather. Make sure your vehicle is in good working order and has a full tank of fuel. This will help prevent fuel lines from freezing and keep ice from forming in the tank. Use cold weather windshield washer fluid and radiator fluid to prevent your vehicle’s systems from freezing. Always carry an emergency kit in the vehicle with blankets, cell phone charger or extra batteries, flashlight, first-aid kit, and some food and water.
SERVPRO of East Cobb is here to help the Cobb County area with any water restoration projects that might come up. No matter how big or small, SERVPRO here to help. We are the restoration company that can get the job done right the first time. Check out some of our satisfied customers on Facebook, Google, and Yelp!
How to Handle a Cobb County Clogged Toilet, Sink, and Other Simple Plumbing Issues
Water damage can not only be a hazard to your home or business. It can also be hazardous to your health!
Picture this, you are at your Cobb County home in your master bathroom using the facilities. Upon finishing your business you flush the toilet and notice the water level in the toilet raising (not draining as usual). Oh no! You’ve got a clogged toilet. Soon water begins overflowing from the bowl and spreads throughout the bathroom floor. In a panic you look anything nearby to sop up the mess, frantically soaking up as much water as you can.
Once the water finally stops coming you are faced with a couple of options. One, to clean up the mess yourself, exposing yourself (and possibly your family) to all the contaminants and risking additional damage to your home. Or option two call SERVPRO of East Cobb and let our trained professionals make it “Like it never even happened”. Our team can be on site within an hour in most cases and are on call 24/7.
Little known facts about common types of plumbing issues:
- Almost 20% of homeowners experience a clogged toilet on a regular basis
- Nearly 2 of 5 homeowners regularly have issues with packed up sinks or drains
- 1 in 20 homeowners have low water pressure
- Just shy of 5% of all garbage disposals have plumbing issues
How to fix a clogged toilet
The first rule of unclogging a toilet is to refrain from pressing the flush handle over and over again. This will only release more water into the bowl and sinse the drain is blocked all of that water will overflow into your floor. A better course of action is to use a quality toilet plunger. For best results use a flange plunger. Take the following tips under consideration:
- Making sure you have a good seal between the plunger and the toilet use a plunging motion quickly and repeatedly with firm pressure. With any luck this will break through the blockage clearing the line.
- Be mind full of the water level and don’t attempt to flush the toilet until you are sure that the blockage has been cleared.
- It is inadvisable to use chemical drain cleaners on your toilet. The chemicals can damage you plumbing and tend to be very costly. If they come in contact with your skin, they can irritate or even burn your it.
- If you are unable to unclog a toilet or drain on your own, contact a trained professional.
If you or someone you know has experienced a water loss please give us a call today. Time is of the essence when it comes to water damage. We have trained professionals awaiting your call and can have a technician dispatched to your home or business in less than an hour in most cases. SERVPRO of East Cobb is faster to any size disaster, and can make it “Like it never even happened”.
Check out what some of our satisfied customers have had to say about their experience working with SERVPRO of East Cobb.
The Best Water Restoration Company in Kennesaw GA
SERVPRO of East Cobb has many different pieces of equipment at our disposal to extract water safely from your home/business and we are available 24/7!
SERVPRO of East Cobb has provided the very best in 24/7 emergency water extraction and removal services for over 17 years. When it comes to water extraction, we know a thing or two. We’ve seen just about every scenario you might come across in a residential or commercial setting. To the average person it might just look like a bunch of people using big vacuum cleaners to suck up water, but in reality there is a lot of science, training and specialized equipment being utilized.
If your underwater, Call SERVPRO of East Cobb (770) 424-0400. We can dry you out!
SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified and spent hundreds of hours on the job training. They also have the opportunity to take advantage of our continued learning opportunities. We like to say “Choose SERVPRO of East Cobb because we are the best”. The truth is SERVPRO East Cobb is the best because of our people. Our certified and trained technicians will treat your home or business like it is our home or business. When water damage happens it’s nice to have somebody on your side that has your best interests at heart.
Having the right equipment is also important when it comes to water restoration and that’s why SERVPRO of East Cobb has heavily invested in our equipment. Not only do we have more equipment than your average local water restoration company, but we also utilize the latest and greatest equipment available. SERVPRO of East Cobb uses moisture mapping technology to monitor the progress of drying over the course of our services. SERVPRO of East Cobb also has thermal imaging technology that helps track progress of drying, as well as helps locate the source of water intrusion.
Our trucks and vans contain complete carpet cleaning/extraction systems. Our skilled technicians utilize this cutting edge equipment to extract dirty contaminated water from carpets and clean deep within its fibers. They can also use this equipment to safely sanitize other floorings like tile and cement, as well as to pump out massive amounts of water. Along with these truck mounted cleaning systems SERVPRO technicians have access to portable carpet cleaning/water extraction systems. The portable cleaner/extractors can be utilized when access to an affected area is limited or requires special attention. We also have a diverse fleet of pumps available to remove water. From sump pumps to trash pumps and even larger pumps capable of moving hundreds of gallons of water per hour. If you need to move a lot of water move quickly, SERVPRO of East Cobb has the equipment to get it done.
If you home or business is in need of emergency water removal call the extraction team that can handle any size disaster...SERVPRO of East Cobb!
Lower Recovery Costs - The SERVPRO System Helps Save Money!
SERVPRO of East Cobb extracted water from this Smyrna crawlspace and replaced the vapor barrier to prevent moisture issues, odors, and mold growth.
When it comes to mitigating a home or business water loss a quick response time is vital. Emergency mitigation services help minimize additional property damages. Calling a trained professional as soon as possible is the best way to prevent further damage to your property. In the Cobb County area, SERVPRO of East Cobb has been fastest to any size disaster for over 30 years. We believe our customers deserves our upmost respect and perform our work accordingly. Call SERVPRO of East Cobb and you can expect to have a technician on site with the hour in most cases (never more than 4 hours).
Emergency Water Damage Process Overview
- Hour One: SERVPRO of East Cobb’s loss coordinator will reach out to our customer to immediately dispatch a remediation crew to your address to administer emergency services. Knowing that help is on the way, can restore your sense of control of over the situation!
- Detailed Explanation: A uniformed, trained SERVPRO professional equipped with the latest in drying technology will walk the site evaluating and scoping the job. Once our technician has completed the walk through, they will sit down with the customer to go over the scope of work. They will explain, step-by-step, the SERVPRO recommended services to be completed.
- Pretesting: One of the ways SERVPRO saves our customers money is by pretesting effected materials like upholstery, carpets, drywall, flooring, and other textiles. By pretesting these materials, we can quickly discern how viable restoration of the item(s) will be. This prevents time consuming and costly cleaning of materials that are not suitable for restoration. Pretesting also allows our technician to choose the appropriate cleaning method for individual items, preventing them from being damaged during the cleaning process.
- Eight Hours: Within eight business hours of arriving on site, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person, normally your adjuster or property manager.
- Cleaning & Restoration: SERVPRO professionals are trained not only to effectively help you regain control of your property but are also trained to work neatly and efficiently when a damaging event has turned your life upside down. They will use stat-of-the-art restoration techniques to ensure your home or business is properly taken care of, the first time.
- Final Walk-Through: To ensure our customers are completely satisfied, our technician will walk the entire job and review the scope of work with our customer a final time once all services have been completed.
SERVPRO of East Cobb is locally owned and operated with the backing of over 1700 locations nationwide. This means that no matter what size disaster, SERVPRO of East Cobb is up for the challenge and is ready is ready to provide 24/7 emergency water restoration services.
SERVPRO of East Cobb can make it “Like it never even happened.”
The Science Behind the Drying Process
SERVPRO of East Cobb 24/7 Emergency Water Restoration Services - (770)424-0200 - We work with insurance companies and adjusters!
Having the knowledge of psychrometrics in essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place a fan or two around the damaged area, SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chances of any secondary damages. If your business suffers a water damage, SERVPRO of East Cobb Professional will:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What exactly does it mean to help "speed up Mother Nature"? A wet building can often dry naturally because the environment always seeks equilibrium. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material-but only if the air is, indeed, drier. The only problem is, nature takes too long and secondary damages may occur while the building is drying out.
SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals have the tools and equipment to help dry hardwood floors, tough-to-reach spaces inside walls, and much more. SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals also use state-of-the-art monitoring equipment, and a proven scientific process to help speed the drying of your home or business.
The bottom-line? SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals have the training and equipment to help make water damage "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb at: (770) 424-0400
Cobb County Emergency Water Damage Restoration Service
When every minute counts and customer satisfaction is critical, you want experienced people you can rely on!
Emergency flood water damage restoration requires urgency and skill. Trained and certified to the highest standards in the industry, our professionals respond immediately – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – mitigate loss and meet every challenge with professionalism, reliability, compassion and respect.
SERVPRO of East Cobb provides 24-hour water damage restoration service in:
Recognizing that water damage causes a devastating setback to families or businesses; we do whatever it takes to give back that sense of security with minimal disruption. Our recovery and restoration process is aimed at property and people. We offer water damage repair solution; you can rely on to minimize the impact of flooding and water damage.
Take a Moment to Consider
Our commitment to customer excellence includes you, which means that you can expect effective, ongoing communication and reporting from us. We understand your requirements. We will provide a complete estimate within 24-48 hours.
SERVPRO of East Cobb offers the following emergency water damage restoration services:
- Emergency water extraction
- Removal and containment of odor caused by mold and mildew
- Drying and dehumidification
- Emergency Commercial Water Damage Restoration Service Available
- Fully Licensed & Insured Commercial Water Damage Restoration Contractor
- Expert Certified Commercial Water Damage Restoration Professionals
Call us immediately at (770) 424-0400 for water damage restoration services in Cobb County.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of East Cobb is close by and ready to respond to your smoke or fire damage emergency. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to be an active member of the Cobb County community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be. We are also proud to serve our local communities:
How To Cleanup A Flooded Basement
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb for professional emergency water extraction service (770) 424-0400
One of the most common areas that flood in our homes are our basements. The water seeps in from different places and can ruin many beloved items. Typically, garages are near basements and can run into the same treatment. Water damage requires a professional to make sure you steer clear of possible mold damage. Here are some techniques you can use to make the process easier before we arrive:
- Use wooden clothespins to hang up clothes, children’s stuffed animals, and photographs that may have been effected.
- Make sure that furs and leather items dry separately and at room temperature.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture and wet carpeting.
- Remove upholstery and cushions for drying.
- Remove any excess water by mopping or blotting until we arrive.
SERVPRO is ready for any size disaster. If your basement floods, call us at (770) 424-0400.
Check us out on Facebook and Google Local
Locally Owned and Operated
We live and work in East Cobb too! We might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of East Cobb is close by and ready to respond to your flood or water damage emergency. We are proud to be an active member in our community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
How a Water Damage Restoration Company Can Help Your Kennesaw Home
A Kennesaw Water Damaged Home and Help
Once a flood or fire has damaged your Kennesaw home, it's important for you to obtain water damage restoration services. Restoration services are multi-faceted in so much as they involve both cleaning, removing excess water from your home and repairing regions of the house that have been subjected to substantive water damage. As the water damage specialists know from SERVPRO, it is important to start the cleanup and repair process right after the flood or fire to ensure that the water damage is minimized and that mold and mildew do not begin to accumulate on the property. Learn more about the helpful services that this water damage restoration company can offer by reading the following short reference guide:
A Water Damage Restoration Company Remediates Your Property Quickly
One of the benefits that results from employing a water damage restoration company is that they complete the cleanup, repair, and restoration processes quickly. A water damage restoration company like SERVPRO employs a large staff who can work with expedience and excellence. This group effort ensures that they can tackle a large number of problems that have resulted in the accumulated water damage in your Kennesaw home. The end result is the rapid restoration of your home, a reality which can greatly reduce the onset of secondary water damage and offer you peace of mind.
A Water Damage Restoration Company Limits Mold and Mildew Proliferation
Another great service provided by this water damage restoration company is the treatment of mold and mildew growth in your private living space. Restoration specialists accomplish this objective by removing excess water quickly so that the fungi do not have an opportunity to form and proliferate. If mold has already begun to grow in your home, this will commence in 48-72 hours after the initial water intrusion, the restoration specialists can eliminate it through the use of cleaners and industrial-grade disinfectants. These cleaners will not put you and your family at risk. It's important to let a team of trained professionals handle your water damage issues rather than attempting to solve the problem on your own. In recognizing that a water damage restoration company like SERVPRO can restore your home to its original condition, you may wish to ask your insurance agent for recommendation and advice.
Let's Get Started Now
Homes that have been subjected to water damage are in need of high quality remediation services. Once you start looking for a professional water damage company to assist you in restoring your home, you should look no further than SERVPRO. Our company is committed to consistently offering cutting edge, expedient restoration services that get your home back in great condition with lightning speed. For water damage restoration services that work, contact us today and let's get started.
Locally Owned and Operated
We live and work in East Cobb too! We might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of East Cobb is close by and ready to respond to your flood or water damage emergency. We are proud to be an active member in our community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
The Restoration Process Begins When You Call Us.Here is the number for an immediate response. (770) 424-0400
We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity.
It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of East Cobb and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
Prevent Water Damage While On Vacation
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb (770) 424-0400
Lots of things can go wrong in your home while you’re on vacation, most commonly leaks and water damage. Read our steps below to learn how to help prevent and reduce the risk of water damage when you’re away:
Check for Leaks
Before you leave on vacation, be sure to check around your house for any leaks. Pipes under sinks, your water heater, anything resembling rust, cracks, or other damage. It’s important to check the seals around your windows and the exterior of your home as well. If you find any leakage, be sure to fix it right away so everything can be repaired and in good condition before you leave.
Important appliances such as your dishwasher, washer/dryer, and refrigerator are all connected to your home by hoses. If these hoses are damaged in any way, they can cause major water damage to your home. Inspect your appliances and, if needed, replace their hoses prior to leaving on vacation.
Clean Your Gutters
Cleaning leaves and other debris out from your gutters before taking a vacation is an easy way to prevent potential blockage and build up. To learn more about the advantages of clean gutters, click here.
Turn Off the Water
Whenever you leave your home for an extended period of time, it’s important to turn off the water main and make sure the pipes are completely drained. This will stop any water from continually leaking in your home while you’re away. Simply run the water and flush your toilet after you turn off the water.
Have Someone Check on Your Home
Coordinate to have someone come over and check on your home while you’re away. Having a friend, neighbor, or family member keep an eye on your property can help keep it in good shape, and they can notify you immediately if something goes wrong.
With these tips, you can truly enjoy your vacation with the peace of mind that your home is safe from any potential water damage that could occur in your absence. If your home does suffer from water damage, call our team at SERVPRO of East Cobb. We can help remove, repair, and restore any damage to your home.
Going on Vacation
24/7 Emergency Water Extraction
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb
Going on vacation should be relaxing and worry-free, which is why it is important to make sure your house is secure before you leave for your trip. Be SERVPRO ready so you don’t come back to damages in your home. Here are some tips for preparing your home provided by SERVPRO of East Cobb.
Make Arrangements with an Emergency Contact.
- Choose a close friend or neighbor you trust as your emergency contact and provide them with all of your itinerary information in case they need to contact you.
- A timer on lights will give the impression someone is home.
- Leave written directions for alarm codes, doors, or other information needed to properly care for your home.
- Make sure your mail is collected; burglars often look for homes with overflowing mail.
- The Post office can suspend your mail and deliver the day you get back. Here is a link to the US Post Office.
Take plumbing and electric precautions.
- Prevent leaks and floods from damaging your home by shutting off gas and water at the meter, supply tank, or appliances.
- Turn off the water valves to washing machines, sinks, and the dishwasher.
- Unplug electronics to cut down on any possible shortages which could potentially cause a disastrous fire.
- Check your smoke detectors to ensure they are working properly.
- Adjust your thermostat for the season. Keeping your thermostat at 55-60 degrees in the winter and 75-80 degrees in the summer should help control usage.
Right before you leave:
- Notify your security company that you are leaving town.
- Take out the kitchen trash and other trash that could get smelly.
- Go on one last walk through of your house to secure windows, blinds, fences, doors, and plugs. This will ensure all entries are safe from hazardous obstructions.
If you come back from vacation and encounter damage to your home, call SERVPRO of East Cobb (770) 424-0400. We clean up mold, fire, or water damage to your home or business in the Kennesaw Area.
Steps to Restoring Your Kennesaw Property After Water Damage
Steps To Restoring Property After Water Damage
Water or flood damage restoration is the removal of water and its residual effects from a business or home.
If you have a pipe break, supply line break or any other water or flood damage related issue, don’t delay, call the water restoration experts at a restoration company.
Water in business or flooded home can result from supply line break, pipe break busted or natural flooding. No matter the reason for water in home or water in business, a professional's fast response to your water damage location will help prevent further damage and give you the peace of mind you need during a catastrophe.
Mitigation professionals know the impact water in business or flooded home can have on appliances, furniture, flooring, and appliances, and that’s why they provide a one-stop solution for complete water damage restoration. This means restoration technicians help with every step of the mitigation process including water cleanup, drying and sanitization and repairing damaged areas.
Any business or home owner who is experiencing a flooded home or water in business, should contact a restoration company as soon as possible. A pipe break or supply line break and the water damage that it causes is the nightmare of every business or home owner. Even a broken sink pipe or toilet overflow can cause a significant amount of damage to a business, home and possessions.
When you contact a reputable restoration company for water in home or water in business problem, the water cleanup experts will respond promptly to address the situation properly. Professionals have the right equipment and skills to provide efficient water cleanup and drying and ensure successful mitigation.
Here’s the formula for re-mediating damage from flooded home or business property:
When you call a restoration company, trained technicians arrive at the scene of the flood damage as soon as possible. That way they can contain the damage quickly and take other necessary steps.
Once they arrive at the property, the first step is to locate the source of the flood water and ensure that any pipe break or supply line break is dealt with appropriately. They make sure that no more water is seeping in before they can get to work with their assessment.
A disaster response team will assess the extent of water damage using innovative technology like moisture reading equipment and thermal imaging. After assessing and documenting the water damage, an in-depth restoration plan is prepared.
Once they’ve stopped the flow, they extract all stagnant water using commercial grade extractors. They have thorough water cleanup procedures that ensure every last drop of water or moisture is removed from the building. They also clean away silt and continue with sterilization of water damaged areas.
Once the water is extracted, mitigation professionals will carefully pull up any carpeting making sure to avoid tearing, and carpet padding will be discarded.
Then certified technicians begin drying the area in order to get rid of hidden pockets of water and moisture. They do this by setting up large dehumidifiers and commercial fans to make sure everything in the home or business’ building structure is dry.
Once they have dried out the area they use thermal detectors to determine what can be salvaged and what needs to be disposed off. Often carpeting and dry wall cannot be saved if it remained in wet condition for too long.
The final step in flood damage cleanup and drying is to restore the home or business to its pre-damage state – restoring flooring, structural damage, rebuilding ceilings and walls and repainting.
The process of flooded home or business restoration is neither simple nor easy.
Whether you are dealing with water in home or business, a reliable restoration company has the resources and a team of skilled technicians to address the situation properly. It is imperative that you contact a restoration company immediately for all of your flooded home or water in home or business mitigation needs. Visit www.SERVPROeastcobbga.com for more information on water damage.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
How to Select a Credible Water Damage Restoration Service
How to Pick a Credible Water Damage Restoration Service
Unexpected storms, floods, sewerage leakages, and burst pipes can cause serious water damage to a property if not resolved promptly. A quick restoration is very necessary in rectifying water damage in order to avoid further expensive damages like mold growth, plumbing defects, and circuitry disconnections. Although a DIY approach is an option for solving the issue, massive water damage can only be solved by professionals with the right skill set, equipment, and experience in restoring a water in home or water in business disasters.
Unfortunately, there are several unqualified handymen out there who masquerade as qualified and licensed water damage mitigation professionals or experts by overstating their qualifications and experience. Hiring a trained technician will help a homeowner or commercial building manager a lot of dollars. Here are tips on how to choose the perfect flood damage mitigation expert who can get the job done right the first time:
Although the industry doesn't have strict regulations, a property owner should ensure that he or she interviews certified candidates who have some training on water damage mitigation. A contractor with a certification is proof that he takes his jobs seriously and he can do the necessary repairs adequately. A property owner should hire a contractor or an agency that has technicians who are certified by the Restoration Industry Association (RIA) and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The certification shows that the candidate has up to date training and latest techniques in handling water in homes or water in businesses. IICRC has a certified firm registrant database that enables property owners who have suffered flood damage to get professional help reliably.
Insurance companies have a list of established flood damage mitigation service providers who can come in handy in helping property owners to get quick help in case of water in homes and water in business premises. Unfortunately, some insurance companies keep a list of cheaper restoration companies or contractors who might not offer the best technology or services. Other credible options include seeking for referrals from friends and family members who have dealt with water damage disasters in the past, including moisture drying.
It's advisable to choose a company that uses modern technology, protective gear, hazmat suits, and advanced equipment in the water cleanup processes. A good company should use the latest dehumidification, water extraction, and pump outs in drying and repairing the damaged property. It's also necessary to settle for a water cleanup contractor who offers you a wide range of water cleanup services. It's possible to find a mold removal company that offers water remediation services as well. This is a standard field of knowledge that experienced and advanced contractors should possess.
Steer clear of companies that are not willing to start the remediation and drying process immediately. Good companies with professional technicians who are available 24/7 for water cleanup can dry water in homes and water in business premises within a few hours, depending on the degree of damage. When there is standing water on a property, every minute counts! Reputable and professional flood damage mitigation experts know this, and they will act swiftly to salvage the damaged property. A technician who insists on telling the client to wait before he can begin the remediation portion of the process cannot be trusted to see the job through in a timely manner and carry out the drying.
The homeowner should choose a contractor or company that will give him a list of services and price estimates after evaluating the flood damage. Even a company that provides flood damage restorations services on an hourly basis should be able to give an estimate. Quality of service should come before price when choosing the right water cleanup restoration services to handle water in a business premise. Visit www.SERVPROeastcobbga.com for more information on water damage.
What to do before help arrives!
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb for all your water removal and restoration needs! - (770) 424-0400 -
If you have a water damage from a clean source such as water supply lines, sink overflows, tub overflows, or appliance malfunctions, here are some things to do before SERVPRO of East Cobb arrives.
- Shut off the source of the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
SERVPRO of East Cobb provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any size disaster. Our highly trained technicians can respond immediately to your residential or commercial emergency.
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb -(770) 424-0400 -
Water Damage Restoration - What You Need to Know
If your home or business floods call SERVPRO of East Cobb - (770) 424-0400 -
From a broken pipe to inclement weather, standing water in a home or standing water in a business can cause mayhem on possessions and the property. It is hard to be prepared with full mitigation plans, but it is very important to react as fast as possible and expect to need water damage restoration. To minimize the harm done to the home, water cleanup and water damage restoration must happen quickly. When an emergency flooding happens, it is best to seek expert help and to do so as quickly as possible. Experts will arrive with high-tech, powerful equipment that will extract the water and minimize flood damage.
It is best to seek out certified experts who are trained extensively to deal with flooding emergencies whether the water is in the home or if the water is in a business. They can also advise homeowners on how to handle mitigation of water damage while the tenants or owners wait for them to arrive. Below is a list that can help reduce flood damage and help manage fallout mitigation.
- If possible, immediately stop the water at its source to reduce the water in the home or the water in the business and speed up water cleanup.
- If it is safe to do so turn off all electricity and move all smaller electric device.
- Pin up any furniture skirts, drapes, or tapestries that hang low or have contact with the floor to avoid water damage to the fabric.
- Wash your hands after moving damaged belongings.
- As much as possible, avoid walking on carpet.
- Remove all moisture-sensitive, fragile belongings, anything of high-value, as well as items that could cause stains.
- Move any furnishings that can be moved from the carpeted area of the home or place aluminum foil underneath furniture legs. This should help mitigation of the risk of long-lasting rust caused by flood damage.
- Plan for a water damage restoration team to move furniture to already drying areas.
- Avoid any/all possibility of electric shock to any living persons and pets. Do not use any electric devices until the emergency flood removal crew tells you it is okay. Do not use a shop or home vacuum to attempt water removal on from the property without cleanup experts onsite.
- Do not turn on the heating, air conditioning, or fans in an attempt to speed the drying and cleanup process. Air movement may spread contamination if the flooding is at all sewage-related.
Powerful extraction and air movement gear is then brought into the home by expert cleanup crews to remove any presence of freestanding water. Water is then thoroughly removed from upholstery, carpet, and carpet padding. Then the drying by air movement with professional fans begins.
If flooding is particularly bad, carpet and carpet padding may be moved temporarily to assist with drying.
Water in a home can be an extremely expensive emergency if there is extensive flood damage. Water damage can be even more costly if there is water in a business that carries a large inventory. In order to prevent flood damage and water damage, it is important to contact professional cleanup crews that can speed up the drying process with water cleanup and air movement as soon as possible. The sooner water cleanup is completed water damage restoration can begin.
In the event of a home or commercial water loss please contact SERVPRO of East Cobb – (770) 424-0400 - or you can visit www.SERVPROeastcobbga.com for more information on water damage.
Faster To Your Water Damage Event
Faster to any Disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of East Cobb provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of East Cobb arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
· Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
· Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
· Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
· Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
· Drywall begins to swell and break down.
· Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
· Furniture begins to swell and crack.
· Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
· A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
· Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
· Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
· Metal begins to rust and corrode.
· Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
· Paint begins to blister.
· Wood flooring swells and warps.
· Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
· Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
· Structural safety, mold growth, and bio-hazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Call the Cleanup Team That's Faster to Any Size Disaster
There's no such thing as a small disaster-especially when the water you don't see contains bacteria or can cause mold, rot and other unseen damage. A pipe bursts. A water heater leaks. A bathtub overflows. Flood waters rush in. A sprinkler system malfunctions. Water damage can happen in any number of ways. But if your business or home is under a few a backseat. Only one thing matters when your business can't operate and there is just one thing on the mind of the water-logged resident: A solution.
SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals are that solution. Equipment with the knowledge, the experience, and the training to help make your water damage "Like it never even happened," SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals will start helping the moment you call. Backed by more than 40 years of experiences, your SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals will help put your worries to ease, because they understand the science of drying. Before you risk further damaging the value of your home or facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call SERVPRO of East Cobb (770) 424-0400, your local water damage clean up and restoration professionals.
Water damage can affect the value of your property. Before you get out the mop bucket and try to clean it yourself, consider how the damage can affect your property. SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals know how disruptive water damage can be for your home or business. SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals are trained and equipped to manage the drying process. By utilizing the proper equipment and moisture measuring devices, your building will be quickly and thoroughly dried to industry standards, which will help prevent secondary water damages. With rapid response time and full line of water cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals can help you regain control quickly, ensuring your facility and its contents are properly dried, deodorized and protected.
When water damage strikes, give SERVPRO of East Cobb a call (770-424-0400);we will help to make things right, make things dry and make it "Like it never even happened."