Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Why SERVPRO of East Cobb?
SERVPRO of East Cobb 24/7 Emergency Water, Fire, & Mold Restoration
The People, Experience, Training and Equipment to make it "Like it never even happened."
The People - With over 10,000 quality teammates nationwide, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Experience - SERVPRO is a Franchise System with over 40 years of leadership in fire and water cleanup and restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners, commercial property managers and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon.
The Training - Franchise Professionals undergo extensive fire restoration training an d certification SERVPRO Industries, Inc. offers an IICRC-approved school to help ensure our training meets and exceeds accepted industry standards.
The Equipment - With over 5,000,000 square feet of building space, housing over 140,000 pieces of cleaning and restoration equipment, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the resources to help you take back control of your life.
The SERVPRO system saves you money by reducing recovery costs.
Mitigation requires quick action. The faster SERVPRO of East Cobb arrives on-site to preform cleanup and restoration, the better the results - including lower claim costs.
- Emergency Mitigation Services help minimize additional property damages.
- Restoration versus replacement of contents saves heirlooms and money too.
- Restorable contents will be cleaned and deodorized to preloss condition when possible.
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb at (770) 424-0400 for all of your restoration and mitigation needs!!!
Restore Your Flooded Home In Cobb County, GA
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb once your family is safe. We are ready to help 24/7!
During a flood, make sure that you avoid contact with flood waters and always contact local authorities when you are in immediate danger. There are a variety of local, state, and federal agencies equipped to respond to flooding situations throughout the state. In Cobb County you should contact Emergency Services by calling 911. Your Family is not alone; help may be closer than you think.
Contamination levels of flood waters may include raw sewage or other toxic substances that cause significant health issues for you and your family. Follow a few simple guidelines for avoiding extensive flood damage in your Cobb County area home.
- If you become stranded on your property during a flood and use a generator for energy, remember that generators produce toxic vapors called carbon monoxide. These vapors are extremely dangerous for you and your family, resulting in death if not handled correctly.
- Never allow your children or their pets to play in flood waters. Several chemicals and diseases exist which heighten the risk of exposure and sickness to small children. If one does become exposed and experiences flu-like symptoms, report this to first responders, immediate medical attention for your loved ones is important.
- When the property is deemed safe to return to by local safety officials, make sure to contact a trusted restoration company, like SERVPRO to help you quickly get things back to “like it never even happened!”
SERVPRO of East Cobb offers a variety of services to remove flood waters quickly and help prevent mold growth that happens due to extensive exposure. Mold can cause severe health issues that you want to avoid, get the help you need within 48-hours to prevent these problems and other issues in your home.
SERVPRO technicians utilize a variety of techniques, including IICRC training and EPA guidelines to help return your indoor environment to a healthy, safe one that you and your family can enjoy. Take this opportunity to talk to professional technicians about possible improvements and address any concerns you may have for future events.
SERVPRO of East Cobb can help, call today (770) 424-0400. Your property and its contents can be returned to pre-condition in no time.
What to Expect When You Call SERVPRO of East Cobb
SERVPRO of East Cobb provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in East Cobb
SERVPRO of East Cobb is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (770) 424-0400
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of East Cobb has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of East Cobb
SERVPRO of East Cobb specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Valentine's Date Night Package Contest
How many candy hearts can you count?
Are you one of our local insurance agent?
Do you work at one of our local insurance office?
Could you use a night out with your special someone?
Then all you have to do is answer one more question correctly...How many hearts are in the jar?
The rules are pretty simple...Like SERVPRO of East Cobb's Facebook page and comment on the linked contest post with how many candy hearts you think are in the jar. Who ever guess the number or comes the closest will win SERVPRO of East Cobb's Valentine's Date Night Package.
We will announce the winner via Facebook, February 13th. SERVPRO of East Cobb would like to wish everyone the best of luck and a happy Valentines Day!
Winter Weather Worries
Keep an eye out for snow build-up on roofs!
Winter weather can bring about more issues than just slippery roads and a sidewalk to shovel. If you live where temperatures sink below freezing level, you are also at risk for frozen pipes and ice dams, which can create a major disaster at your home or property.
Frozen pipes are often those exposed to the cold weather, such as those outside your home, or in cold areas such as basements, attics, garages or kitchen cabinets.
A frozen pipe can burst at the point where the ice blockage inside the pipe is located, but typically the rupture is caused by the backflow pressure between the water source and the blockage. A burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property if not addressed quickly.
To prevent pipes from freezing, here are a few steps you can take, according to The American Red Cross:
- Be sure to completely drain water from swimming pool and sprinkler lines as well as outside hoses.
- Open kitchen cabinets to let warm air circulate near the plumbing.
- When the weather is extremely cold, let water drip from faucets that may come from exposed pipes.
- Keep your heat set to the same temperature both day and night.
Ice dams can be a little-known, but major problem during the snowy season. They form when heated air melts roof snow downward into water dammed behind still-frozen ice. When the trapped water cannot safely flow gutter system, it can backflow under the roof's shingles and into the structure's interior areas, as well as causing gutters and shingles to move or fall.
Removing an ice dam as soon a it is found is vital to helping prevent damage to your property and can be done using heated cables , a roof shovel, or calcium chloride ice melter.
If winter weather causes water damage to you or your insured's property, SERVPRO of East cobb are only a call away, 24/7, ready to restore to preloss condition.
Seven Holiday Safety Tips
SERVPRO of East Cobb can make your fire damage, "Like it never even happened."
Beautiful holiday decorations like lights, candles, and lawn displays are just a few of the things that make the holiday season seem to come alive with charm and cheer. However, if they are not used carefully and well maintained your holidays could go from festive to frightening in no time at all.
The American Red Cross offers the following safety tips to help greatly reduce the fire risk in your home or business this holiday season.
- Place Christmas trees, candles and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heater, radiators, heat vents, and candles.
- Make sure light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving the property or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree. Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or going to bed.
- Use only sturdy tree stands designed not to tip over. Keep curious pets and children away from Christmas trees.
- Keep anything that can catch fire away from your stove top (pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels or curtains).
- Designate one person to walk around your property to ensure all candles and smoking materials are properly extinguished after guests leave.
We here at SERVPRO of East Cobb would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday season!
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of East Cobb is strategically located to respond quickly to your smoke or fire damage event. When a major fire or disaster event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: