Seven Holiday Safety Tips
Beautiful holiday decorations like lights, candles, and lawn displays are just a few of the things that make the holiday season seem to come alive with charm and cheer. However, if they are not used carefully and well maintained your holidays could go from festive to frightening in no time at all.
- Place Christmas trees, candles and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heater, radiators, heat vents, and candles.
- Make sure light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving the property or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree. Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or going to bed.
- Use only sturdy tree stands designed not to tip over. Keep curious pets and children away from Christmas trees.
- Keep anything that can catch fire away from your stove top (pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels or curtains).
- Designate one person to walk around your property to ensure all candles and smoking materials are properly extinguished after guests leave.
We here at SERVPRO of East Cobb would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday season!
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of East Cobb is strategically located to respond quickly to your smoke or fire damage event. When a major fire or disaster event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: