Deep Frying Dangers
Did you know cooking equipment is the leading cause of residential fires? As the holiday season begins and you find yourself in the kitchen more often while hosting friends and family, fire precautions should be top of mind. One of the most popular holiday season dishes is deep fried turkey. While it can produce some of the most delicious turkeys known to man, it also come along with some dire consequences if safety is ignored. Check out the video link below to see what can happen when safety is ignored when deep frying your holiday turkey.
- Turkey fryers can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil over a large area or surface.
- An over-filled cooking pot can cause cooking oil to spill or spatter when the turkey is placed in the pot.
- Even a small amount of cooking oil spilling on a hot burner can cause a large fire.
- Without thermostat controls, deep fryers can overheat cooking oil to the point of igniting a fire.
- The sides of the cooking pot, lid, and pot handles can get dangerously hot.
*from our friends over at The US Fire Administration
A property owner experiences a flood of emotions when a fire ravages their business or home. Fear, uncertainty, stress, and doubt about the future of the property and their livelihood can be overwhelming to the property owner long after the flames have been extinguished and the smoke has cleared.
After the first wave of heroes have rescued the property, let your local SERVPRO of East Cobb professionals help you restore it to its preloss condition. Combining rapid response, the utmost professionalism, and open communication throughout the entire job process, we strive to restore not only the home or business structure, but the customer’s peace of mind as well.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) offers the following eye-opening statistics on structure fires.
- 482,030 structure fires were reported in the United States in 2018.
- These fires caused $9.9 billion in property damages.
- One structure fire was reported every 48 seconds.
If the unthinkable happens and a fire strikes your business or home, give the experts at your locally owned SERVPRO of East Cobb a call (770) 424-0400. We will help make it “Like it never even happened.”