Holiday Fire Facts
- One of every three homes Christmas tree fires is caused by electrical problems
- Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious. On average one of every 31 reported home Christmas tree fires result in a death compared to an average of one death per 144 total reported home fires.
- A heat source too close to the tree causes one in every four of Christmas tree fires.
- Two out of five home decoration fires are started by candles
- One-third of all candle fires start in the bedroom.
The holiday season is a time for gathering with friends and family to enjoy fellowship and quality time. As the weather outside turns frightful, we rely on the warmth of our homes to host gathers with loved ones. Of course, if disaster does strike during the holiday season, SERVPRO of East Cobb is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb for all of your mitigation and restoration needs - (770) 424-0400