SERVPRO Salvages Sandy Plains Fire Damaged Homes Quickly
House fires can be dangerous and messy, call SERVPRO of East Cobb for cleanup!
A home fire can be one of the most damaging experiences a homeowner can face, something no one should ever face alone. Fire does not simply cause damage to your home; it ruins your life, destroys personal belongings, and often leads to loss of fond memories that you can never get back.
You can help prevent fire damage in your Sandy Plains area home by learning more about various events that happen in your neighborhood. By discovering more about these incidents, you can eliminate common causes that affect you in your home. Remember, every home is susceptible to fire damage, making it necessary for you to understand how to protect yourself properly.
Having an experienced, licensed, and IICRC certified fire damage restoration technician on your side would not hurt, SERVPRO can help put the pieces back together after disaster strikes. We can fully manage your restoration process and provide you with any additional services required to return your property to normal working order after an event occurs.
Consider this, fires cause much more than heat and smoke damage. You would need to include water extraction, various types of cleaning, sanitation, deodorization, and many repairs to that list to be more accurate in your evaluation. SERVPRO technicians can provide you with each of these services, including repairs that often include replacement of framing materials, drywall, painting, and finish work necessary to return your home to normal.
It is a firefighter's job to put out fires and save lives, leaving additional damage and water in their wake, they are not concerned with saving the contents of your home. It simply is not in their job description. However, every SERVPRO technician takes the time to address items individually, taking a restore versus replace mentality that often returns damaged items to a quality condition you can enjoy for years to come.
Making the call to SERVPRO of East Cobb puts your home in expertly trained hands that you can count on to put every effort into restoring your home properly after a fire.
Learn more about what our technicians can do for you, call our office and begin your homes recovery, today. (770) 424-0400
Need your valuable documents restored?
Call Today - (770) 424-0400 -
In the aftermath of disaster, some of your most valued contents—documents, photographs, and books—could be lost forever. As a leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of East Cobb knows that timely mitigation is the key to recovering damaged possessions. With years of experience and state-of-the-art technology, SERVPRO’s restoration professionals will help you recover your paper goods before it is too late.
Our Document Restoration Facility:
- Innovative: we use the latest vacuum freeze-drying method, as well as gamma irradiation technology for sterilizing
- Secure: managed by HIPPA Master-certified technicians, under 24/7 surveillance
- Digital: we use a computerized inventory system for digitizing your documents
- Flexible capacity - we can accommodate large commercial losses or small residential jobs
- Full Service: we offer a range of services including drying, cleaning/disinfecting, re-jacketing, digitizing, and deodorization
SERVPRO document restoration team uses innovate vacuum freeze-drying techniques; in fact, we use the same freeze-drying methods used by the Library of Congress to dry valuable historic documents and books. Our vacuum freeze-drying process is the only method approved by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)and the General Services Administration (GSA).
Types of content:
- Paper Documents
- Books and magazines
- Manuscripts and Files
- Photographs, Films, Negatives, and Microfiche
- Blueprints and Maps
Document Cleaning and Disinfecting
In many water damage situations, like sewage or flood water, documents will be exposed to bacteria, viruses, pesticides, or other harmful chemicals. Our team uses a gamma irradiation process to safely and effectively sterilize your documents.
In the digital age, converting your paper files and photos to digital formats can have an invaluable impact on your business or home. With the help of SERVPRO’s restoration professionals to digitize your documents, you can save storage space and have access to your records at the touch of a button. And perhaps most important of all, you’ll have digital copies of your valuable documents that can’t be lost in a flood or fire.
Why Choose SERVPRO of East Cobb?
SERVPRO of East Cobb will get the job done right. For document restoration backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards.
What to do before help arrives!
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb for all your water removal and restoration needs! - (770) 424-0400 -
If you have a water damage from a clean source such as water supply lines, sink overflows, tub overflows, or appliance malfunctions, here are some things to do before SERVPRO of East Cobb arrives.
- Shut off the source of the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
SERVPRO of East Cobb provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any size disaster. Our highly trained technicians can respond immediately to your residential or commercial emergency.
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb -(770) 424-0400 -
Our Technicians are Equipped to Remediate Your Flood Damage In Cobb County GA
After you and your family are safe, call SERVPRO of East Cobb to remove the standing water and prevent mold damage. We are ready to help.
Always contact local authorities when you are in immediate danger or need help when it comes to your safety. There are a variety of state and local agencies primed to respond to flooding situations throughout the state. Your family is not alone; help may be closer than you think.
During a flood, make sure that you avoid contact with flood waters. Contamination levels of flood waters may include raw sewage or other toxic substances that cause significant health issues for you and your family. Follow a few simple guidelines for avoiding extensive flood damage in your Cobb County area home.
If you become stranded on your property during a flood and use a generator for energy, remember that generators produce toxic vapors called carbon monoxide. These vapors are extremely dangerous for you and your family, resulting in death if not handled correctly.
Never allow your children or their pets to play in flood waters. Several chemicals and diseases exist which heighten the risk of exposure and sickness to small children. If one does become exposed and experiences flu-like symptoms, report this to first responders, immediate medical attention for your loved ones is important.
When it is deemed safe by local authorities to return to your home, make sure to contact a quality restoration company, like SERVPRO to provide you with the services you need to get things under control as quickly and efficiently as possible.
SERVPRO of East Cobb offers a variety of services to remove flood waters quickly and help prevent mold growth that happens due to extensive exposure. Mold can cause severe health issues that you want to avoid, get the help you need within 48-hours to prevent these problems and other issues in your home.
SERVPRO technicians utilize a variety of techniques, including IICRC training and EPA guidelines to help return your indoor environment to a healthy, safe one that you and your family can enjoy. Take this opportunity to talk to professional technicians about possible improvements and address any concerns you may have for future events.
SERVPRO of East Cobb can help, call today for access to a variety of specialty procedures that help return your home, its contents and any personal belongings to a quality pre-damage condition. (770) 424-0400
SERVPRO Helps Prevent Fire in Your Sandy Plains Home with Dryer Vent Cleaning
Protect your Sandy Plains home from fire damage with dryer vent cleaning!
House fires affect millions of people every year at the cost of over $500 Million. Smoke detectors have proved their value every year, saving lives and homes from total loss. Most house fires start in the kitchen, but a significant number still occur in a place most forget about once the item is installed, the dryer vent.
A dryer vent cleaning cost may seem like an avoidable charge, but it is needed to prevent fire in your Sandy Plains home. There are over 15,000 dryer fires each year, and the accumulated property damage cost exceeds $70 Million annually. SERVPRO has the personnel and equipment needed to keep you from adding to those numbers in the coming year. This vent cleaning can also reduce the workload of your clothes dryer while lowering energy usage.
A dryer inside the house or apartment uses a metal exhaust pipe (galvanized iron or steel usually) to vent hot air to the outside of the home. The zinc-coated material is designed to handle the highest dryer setting and more, but not open flames from burning, built-up lint. Since this is an exhaust pipe and smoke seeks the easiest access, a vent fire goes undetected by the smoke detectors much longer than a fire anywhere else in the house.
If your dryer is in the garage or under a carport, the chance for a major fire is reduced, but not eliminated. The flexible vent tube may not run under the house, but it is still at risk. The buildup of lint can still ignite, destroying your dryer and the washer next to it. As the flexible, plastic pipe melts, the burning material quickly ignites drywall and other building material. Worse, there is the possible loss of a car, boat, ATV or RV that might be parked next to the dryer as well.
Our SERVPRO technicians can eliminate this threat with an inspection. We can attach an air mover which introduces high-velocity air flow into your vent for just a few minutes. If the build-up has caked against the sides of the pipe, they use a brush with a telescoping handle to scrape the sides and then reattach the air mover to blow the lint outside your home. For a flexible conduit, we detach it from the dryer and clean it outside using either an air mover or your own garden hose to wash it out.
The cost for vent cleaning is minor compared to other restoration and cleaning work. It is significantly cheaper than removing fire damaged drywall and cleaning smoke and soot covered property. If you need our services or would like an inspection...
Contact SERVPRO of East Cobb - (770) 424-0400 -
Water Damage Restoration - What You Need to Know
If your home or business floods call SERVPRO of East Cobb - (770) 424-0400 -
From a broken pipe to inclement weather, standing water in a home or standing water in a business can cause mayhem on possessions and the property. It is hard to be prepared with full mitigation plans, but it is very important to react as fast as possible and expect to need water damage restoration. To minimize the harm done to the home, water cleanup and water damage restoration must happen quickly. When an emergency flooding happens, it is best to seek expert help and to do so as quickly as possible. Experts will arrive with high-tech, powerful equipment that will extract the water and minimize flood damage.
It is best to seek out certified experts who are trained extensively to deal with flooding emergencies whether the water is in the home or if the water is in a business. They can also advise homeowners on how to handle mitigation of water damage while the tenants or owners wait for them to arrive. Below is a list that can help reduce flood damage and help manage fallout mitigation.
- If possible, immediately stop the water at its source to reduce the water in the home or the water in the business and speed up water cleanup.
- If it is safe to do so turn off all electricity and move all smaller electric device.
- Pin up any furniture skirts, drapes, or tapestries that hang low or have contact with the floor to avoid water damage to the fabric.
- Wash your hands after moving damaged belongings.
- As much as possible, avoid walking on carpet.
- Remove all moisture-sensitive, fragile belongings, anything of high-value, as well as items that could cause stains.
- Move any furnishings that can be moved from the carpeted area of the home or place aluminum foil underneath furniture legs. This should help mitigation of the risk of long-lasting rust caused by flood damage.
- Plan for a water damage restoration team to move furniture to already drying areas.
- Avoid any/all possibility of electric shock to any living persons and pets. Do not use any electric devices until the emergency flood removal crew tells you it is okay. Do not use a shop or home vacuum to attempt water removal on from the property without cleanup experts onsite.
- Do not turn on the heating, air conditioning, or fans in an attempt to speed the drying and cleanup process. Air movement may spread contamination if the flooding is at all sewage-related.
Powerful extraction and air movement gear is then brought into the home by expert cleanup crews to remove any presence of freestanding water. Water is then thoroughly removed from upholstery, carpet, and carpet padding. Then the drying by air movement with professional fans begins.
If flooding is particularly bad, carpet and carpet padding may be moved temporarily to assist with drying.
Water in a home can be an extremely expensive emergency if there is extensive flood damage. Water damage can be even more costly if there is water in a business that carries a large inventory. In order to prevent flood damage and water damage, it is important to contact professional cleanup crews that can speed up the drying process with water cleanup and air movement as soon as possible. The sooner water cleanup is completed water damage restoration can begin.
In the event of a home or commercial water loss please contact SERVPRO of East Cobb – (770) 424-0400 - or you can visit www.SERVPROeastcobbga.com for more information on water damage.
Mold Myth Busting 101
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb if you encounter mold damage in your home or business -(770) 424-0400-
Its name evokes images of green rot. Mold is a menacing pollutant existing naturally in the environment. But it's the last thing you want growing in your home.
Like most people, you probably know that indoor mold ruins homes and threatens health. And you might agree that the first step to eliminating mold is locating its sources.
But do you know where to look for mold? Or even that using a popular disinfectant to clean it can do more harm than good? Chances are, you've been duped by these mold myths that should be laid to rest:
- A Clean Home is Mold-Free.
A dirt-free home is no guarantee against mold infestation. Mold thrives in closets, dark corners, and drywall, a common construction material in homes today. Its microscopic spores sail through the air, so you can't see them or know where they land.
- Your home has no moldy odors.
It's true that gasses produced by mold give off a musty odor. But it's false to assume that having no odor means your home isn't infested. Not all molds produce smells. And if mold is lurking in a basement, its smell doesn't enter the air you normally breathe. It's there, and you never knew it.
- Your home's basement never floods.
Wet basements are a major source of mold. But they're just one of many in your home. Other mainsprings for mold are humidifiers, leaky pipes, dryers that vent indoors, bathrooms and cooking areas that aren't ventilated, even carpets in a basement.
A powerful disinfectant, bleach wipes away mold on glass, metal, or plastic surfaces. But while its chlorine component doesn't penetrate to the sources of mold in drywall and wood, the water contained in bleach does. And--you guessed it--that water lingers beneath the surfaces, providing more than enough food for mold to grow.
If you have more questions about mold damage or have mold damage, please don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of East Cobb today - (770) 424-0400!
Understanding Water Types
SERVPRO of East Cobb "Like it never even happened." (770) 424-0400
When your home or business suffers a water damage, understanding what type of water you are dealing with is critical to ensuring proper cleanup.
There are three types of water. Clean water is water from a broken pipe, or other water source; rainwater is also considered clean. The term gray water is used to classify slightly contaminated water. Clean water becomes gray water when it is left untreated allowing bacteria and other contaminants to begin growing, making the water hazardous. Black water is highly contaminated and filled with fungi, bacteria, chemicals and more. Black water is typically caused by sewage damage, flooding or any type of natural disaster. Black water should always be handled by trained professionals.
Consider taking the following precautions to help minimize damage or prevent further damage while waiting for help to arrive.
Damage from Clean Water
- Shut off the wate source if possible or contact a qualified professional to do so.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if access to the power distribuion panel is safe from potential electrical shock. Do not enter rooms with standing water, as electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting. Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions to allow more even drying.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other valuable items that may be sensitive to moisture to a safe place.
- Do not leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors as they may cause staining.
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water as there is potential for electrical shock or causing damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet; do not enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Damage from Contaminated Water
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage. Wash your hands thoroughly if you come in contact with contaminated items.
- Do not walk through contaminated areas, as you could spread damage to unaffected areas.
- Do not turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Do not use household fans to dry the structure;air flow could spread contaminants.
- Discard any food and/or products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
When you have a water damage, don't leave your property to chance. Call SERVPRO of East Cobb (770) 424-0400
The Mold Mitigation & Remediation Process
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb for mold remediation!
When there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can affect your health and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately, SERVPRO of East Cobb professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. Although every mold damage scenario is different, requiring a unique solution, the general mold remediation process stays the same. The following steps illustrate a “typical” mold removal process.
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call SERVPRO of East Cobb. A representative will ask a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel needed.
- Inspection & Damage Assessment
Your property will be carefully inspected for signs of mold using technology designed to detect mold and hidden water sources. Mold feeds on cellulose and water which can be hidden from plain view.
Various containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
Specialized filtration equipment captures microscopic mold spores out of the air. SERVPRO® technicians utilize powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in progress.
- Removing Mold & Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. Antifungal and antimicrobial treatments will be used to eliminate mold colonies and help prevent new colonies from forming. Removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and flooring, may be necessary to remediate heavy mold growth.
- Cleaning Contents & Belongings
SERVPRO of East Cobb professionals clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, and other restorable items affected by mold. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings. They are also trained to remove odors and deodorize using fogging equipment.
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may be removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet, or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO of East Cobb professionals understand mold and mold growth and have the training and equipment to remediate mold in your home or business.
Do You Have Dirty Ducts?
Improve your indoor air quality with duct cleaning!
Did you know your ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality? In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your building or home. A routine part of SERVPRO of East Cobb’s service is inspecting the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life-span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may help save you money. Duct cleaning may not always be necessary.
In some circumstances, such as after a fire, smoke, or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process. In these cases, SERVPRO of East Cobb can often restore the HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.
If you have a fuel-burning furnace, stove, or fireplace, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends they be inspected for proper functioning and be serviced before each heating season to protect against carbon monoxide poisoning.
The SERVPRO® Duct Cleaning System is proven and cost-efficient. Unlike the majority of duct cleaning services, SERVPRO of East Cobb uses a portable ventilation and air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
- The process begins by using patented equipment, including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
For more information on duct cleaning, or to schedule an appointment, contact SERVPRO of East Cobb today. -(770) 424-0400-