Does Your House Have A Mold Issue?
SERVPRO of East Cobb's highly trained mold remediation technician.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today -SERVPRO of East Cobb – (770) 424-0400
Flooding Can Happen Anywhere
Call the clean up team that is faster to any size disaster! - SERVPRO of East Cobb (770) 424-0400
According to the National Weather Service (NOAA), "Approximately seventy-five percent of all Presidential disaster declarations are associated with flooding." NOAA list the most common flood hazards in the United States as:
- Flash Flooding
- River Flooding
- Storm Surge an Coastal Inundation from Tropical and Non-Tropical Systems
- Burn Scars/Debris Flows (caused by wildfires)
- Ice/Debris Jams
- Dry Wash (caused by heavy rainfall in dry areas)
- Dam Breaks/Levee Failure
Just because you haven't experienced a flood doesn't mean you won't in the future. In fact, 20% of all claims paid by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) were fro policies in low-risk communities. On average, floods cost $3.5 billion in annual losses in the U.S., and commercial flood claims average more than $75,000 (NFIP).
When catastrophic water damage happens to you, SERVPRO of East Cobb can help. We can help you prepare ahead of time with an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP), or respond to any size disaster to begin cleanup and restoration to get you back in business as soon as possible.
SERVPRO of East Cobb professionals are ready to help make it "Like it never even happened."
Holiday Fire Facts
- One of every three homes Christmas tree fires is caused by electrical problems
- Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious. On average one of every 31 reported home Christmas tree fires result in a death compared to an average of one death per 144 total reported home fires.
- A heat source too close to the tree causes one in every four of Christmas tree fires.
- Two out of five home decoration fires are started by candles
- One-third of all candle fires start in the bedroom.
The holiday season is a time for gathering with friends and family to enjoy fellowship and quality time. As the weather outside turns frightful, we rely on the warmth of our homes to host gathers with loved ones. Of course, if disaster does strike during the holiday season, SERVPRO of East Cobb is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb for all of your mitigation and restoration needs - (770) 424-0400
Celebrate Safely This Holiday Season
Pretty lights, candles and decorations are just a few of the items bringing charm and cheer to the holiday season-however, if they are not used carefully your holidays may go from festive to frightening.
The American Red Cross offers the following safety tips to hel greatly reduce the fire rick in your home or business this holiday season.
- Place Christmas trees, candles and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, radiators, heat vents and candles.
- Make sure that light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving the property or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree. Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or going to bed.
- Use only sturdy tree stands designed not to tip over. Keep curious pets and children away from Christmas trees.
- Keep anything that can catch fire (pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils,paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels or curtains) away from your stove top.
- Designate one person to walk around your property to ensure all candles and smoking materials are properly extinguished after guess leave.
SERVPRO of East Cobb wishes you a safe and happy holiday season!
Is your property winter ready?
Cold weather can have a huge impact on your home or business if you are not properly prepared. Whether it is heavy rain, freezing temperatures, damaging winds, sleet or snow, all can cause serious and costly property damage. While you cannot control the weather, you can take steps to prepare and help take the sting out of winter weather.
To help prevent costly damages due to weather, consider taking the following precautions to protect your property before colder weather hits.
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered during fall. Leaves and other obstructions can lead to a damming effect, that can lead to roof damage and interior water problems.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery of hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open allowing warm inside air to circulate around the pipes. If the building has outdoor faucets, concider shutting water off at the main valve in the basement or crawl space. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure tit drains, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
- Ask SERVPRO of East Cobb -(770) 424-0400- about completing an Emergency READY Profile (ERP) for your business. The ERP is a no cost assessment to your facility, and provides you with a plan to get back in business fast following a disaster.
When winter weather strikes, call SERVPRO of East Cobb -(770) 424-0400- to strike back.
From The Ordinary To The Unhealthy
Fungi and mold naturally occur in our environment. In fact, over 100,000 kinds of fungi have been identified. Fungi produce some very useful results. Yeast is a type of fungi used in preparing breads, baked goods and other food products, including some alcoholic beverages. the unique flavor of blue cheese is a result of mold. An edible mushroom is simply a type of fungi, and lifesaving penicillin is a product of mold (Penicillin chrysogenum).
Even though some forms of mold can add value to our lives, other forms can be harmful. Excessive amounts of mold. different types of mold, and/or exposure to molds may present health concerns for some people.
Intrusion of water into your home or place of business can result in mold growth. Water intrusions can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth. Some amount of mold spores are normally present in most environments. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply. Organic materials found inside a building, such as wood, paper, drywall and insulation, provide food sources for mold to flourish. Excessive mold can lead to indoor environmental conditions that pose a health threat.
Call the Cleanup Team That's Faster to Any Size Disaster
There's no such thing as a small disaster-especially when the water you don't see contains bacteria or can cause mold, rot and other unseen damage. A pipe bursts. A water heater leaks. A bathtub overflows. Flood waters rush in. A sprinkler system malfunctions. Water damage can happen in any number of ways. But if your business or home is under a few a backseat. Only one thing matters when your business can't operate and there is just one thing on the mind of the water-logged resident: A solution.
SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals are that solution. Equipment with the knowledge, the experience, and the training to help make your water damage "Like it never even happened," SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals will start helping the moment you call. Backed by more than 40 years of experiences, your SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals will help put your worries to ease, because they understand the science of drying. Before you risk further damaging the value of your home or facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call SERVPRO of East Cobb (770) 424-0400, your local water damage clean up and restoration professionals.
Water damage can affect the value of your property. Before you get out the mop bucket and try to clean it yourself, consider how the damage can affect your property. SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals know how disruptive water damage can be for your home or business. SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals are trained and equipped to manage the drying process. By utilizing the proper equipment and moisture measuring devices, your building will be quickly and thoroughly dried to industry standards, which will help prevent secondary water damages. With rapid response time and full line of water cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals can help you regain control quickly, ensuring your facility and its contents are properly dried, deodorized and protected.
When water damage strikes, give SERVPRO of East Cobb a call (770-424-0400);we will help to make things right, make things dry and make it "Like it never even happened."
Did you know there is actually a science behind the process of drying?
Having the knowledge of psychrometrics in essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its pre-loss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place a fan or two around the damaged area, SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chances of any secondary damages. If your business suffers a water damage, SERVPRO of East Cobb Professional will:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What exactly does it mean to help "speed up Mother Nature"? A wet building can often dry naturally because the environment always seeks equilibrium. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material-but only if the air is, indeed, drier. The only problem is, nature takes too long and secondary damages may occur while the building is drying out.
SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals have the tools and equipment to help dry hardwood floors, tough-to-reach spaces inside walls, and much more. SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals also use state-of-the-art monitoring equipment, and a proven scientific process to help speed the drying of your home or business.
The Bottom line? SERVPRO of East Cobb Professionals have the training and equipment to help make water damage "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb at: (770) 424-0400
All the Training, Experience, and Equipment You Need
When there's a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately, SERVPRO of East Cobb have training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. Although every mold damage scenario is different requiring a unique solutions, the general mod remediation process stays the same. the following steps illustrate a "typical" mold removal process.
- Call SERVPRO of East Cobb (770) 424-0400 your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional - The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call SERVPRO of East Cobb Call Center. A representative will ask a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel needed.
- Inspection and Damage Assessment - your property will be carefully inspected for signs of mold using technology designed to detect mold and hidden water sources. Mold feeds on cellulose and water can can be hidden from plain view.
- Mold Containment - Various containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
- Air Filtration - Specialized filtration equipment captures microscopic mold spores out of the air. SERVPRO technicians utilize powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in progress.
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials - The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. Anti-fungal and antimicrobial treatment will be used to eliminate mold colonies and help prevent new colonies from forming. Removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and flooring, may be necessary to re-mediate heavy mold growth.
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings - SERPRO of East Cobb Franchise Professionals clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, and other restorable items affected by mold. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings. They are also trained to remove odors and deodorization using fogging equipment.
- Restoration - Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, sub-floors, and other building materials may be removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas of rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO of East Cobb understand mold and mold growth and have the training and equipment to remediate mold in your home or business.
SERPRO of East Cobb Duct Cleaning Services
Did you know, your ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality? Inspecting the duct work in your facility or home should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your building or home.
A routine part of SERVPRO of East Cobb service is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC and duct work clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may help save you money. Duct cleaning may not always be necessary. SERVPRO of East Cobb will inspect your HVAC system and duct work and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can help save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and duct work.
In some circumstances, such as after fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process. In these cases, SERVPRO of East Cobb can often restore the HVAC system and duct work to pre-damage condition.
If you have a fuel burning furnace, stove or fireplace, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends they be inspected for proper functioning, and be serviced before each heating season to protect against carbon monoxide poisoning.
The SERVPRO Duct Cleaning System is proven and cost efficient. Unlike the majority of duct cleaning services, SERVPRO of East Cobb uses a portable ventilation and air duct cleaning system to examine duct work fan make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the ducts shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97% of the particles in the air stream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating products may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
For more information on duct cleaning, or to schedule an appointment, contact SERVPRO of East Cobb today.