How to Handle a Cobb County Clogged Toilet, Sink, and Other Simple Plumbing Issues
Picture this, you are at your Cobb County home in your master bathroom using the facilities. Upon finishing your business you flush the toilet and notice the water level in the toilet raising (not draining as usual). Oh no! You’ve got a clogged toilet. Soon water begins overflowing from the bowl and spreads throughout the bathroom floor. In a panic you look anything nearby to sop up the mess, frantically soaking up as much water as you can.
Once the water finally stops coming you are faced with a couple of options. One, to clean up the mess yourself, exposing yourself (and possibly your family) to all the contaminants and risking additional damage to your home. Or option two call SERVPRO of East Cobb and let our trained professionals make it “Like it never even happened”. Our team can be on site within an hour in most cases and are on call 24/7.
Little known facts about common types of plumbing issues:
- Almost 20% of homeowners experience a clogged toilet on a regular basis
- Nearly 2 of 5 homeowners regularly have issues with packed up sinks or drains
- 1 in 20 homeowners have low water pressure
- Just shy of 5% of all garbage disposals have plumbing issues
How to fix a clogged toilet
The first rule of unclogging a toilet is to refrain from pressing the flush handle over and over again. This will only release more water into the bowl and sinse the drain is blocked all of that water will overflow into your floor. A better course of action is to use a quality toilet plunger. For best results use a flange plunger. Take the following tips under consideration:
- Making sure you have a good seal between the plunger and the toilet use a plunging motion quickly and repeatedly with firm pressure. With any luck this will break through the blockage clearing the line.
- Be mind full of the water level and don’t attempt to flush the toilet until you are sure that the blockage has been cleared.
- It is inadvisable to use chemical drain cleaners on your toilet. The chemicals can damage you plumbing and tend to be very costly. If they come in contact with your skin, they can irritate or even burn your it.
- If you are unable to unclog a toilet or drain on your own, contact a trained professional.
If you or someone you know has experienced a water loss please give us a call today. Time is of the essence when it comes to water damage. We have trained professionals awaiting your call and can have a technician dispatched to your home or business in less than an hour in most cases. SERVPRO of East Cobb is faster to any size disaster, and can make it “Like it never even happened”.
Check out what some of our satisfied customers have had to say about their experience working with SERVPRO of East Cobb.