How To Cleanup A Flooded Basement
Call SERVPRO of East Cobb for professional emergency water extraction service (770) 424-0400
One of the most common areas that flood in our homes are our basements. The water seeps in from different places and can ruin many beloved items. Typically, garages are near basements and can run into the same treatment. Water damage requires a professional to make sure you steer clear of possible mold damage. Here are some techniques you can use to make the process easier before we arrive:
- Use wooden clothespins to hang up clothes, children’s stuffed animals, and photographs that may have been effected.
- Make sure that furs and leather items dry separately and at room temperature.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture and wet carpeting.
- Remove upholstery and cushions for drying.
- Remove any excess water by mopping or blotting until we arrive.
SERVPRO is ready for any size disaster. If your basement floods, call us at (770) 424-0400.
Locally Owned and Operated
We live and work in East Cobb too! We might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of East Cobb is close by and ready to respond to your flood or water damage emergency. We are proud to be an active member in our community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities: