Seven Ways to Prepare Your Kennesaw Home for a Home Fire
When your Kennesaw home or business suffers fire damage, it can be especially devastating. In addition to the fire and smoke damage, your property may have substantial water damage from firefighting efforts. You may feel stressed and confused after such a disaster, and you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of East Cobb has the specialized fire and water damage equipment and expertise to help you through this tough time.
Fire Damage Repair and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Locally Owned and Operated
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Highly Trained Fire Restoration Technicians
Our friends over at the American Red Cross have put together seven fire safety tips that they would like you and your family know about.
- Install the right number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
- Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
- Establish a family emergency communications plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another.
- Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year. Press the smoke alarm test button or yell "Fire" to alert everyone that they mush get out.
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1.
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP, and Roll if their clothes catch on fire.